Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always a little nervous traveling during thanksgiving. What if the supercharger bays are full? Curious if anyone traveling today could share how busy the sc's are.

Last night Waco had just two of us around 7pm. By the way who was in the mc red car? Any Tmc person?

If the bays are full, just like yesterday: the bays filled up with cars, people got charged and then moved their cars.
Just be patient and please wait your turn.
First in line gets the next available bay.
Very civilized process (unlike yesterday's weather).

I could not keep track of how many folks attended Corsicana yesterday, at least 9, as many as 12, possibly 15?.
People started moving their cars so others could charge, some people arrived later, it was very windy and chilly, I was busy taking pictures of cars and folks, so I don't actually know.

Small video of opening remarks prior to Corsicana's Ribbon Cutting.
Over a 1,000 Teslas in Texas!!!!
(Former Cowboy Linebacker Dixon Edwards was there too...)
CSB were excellent and gracious hosts, seem to be great partners and want to do more projects with Tesla.
Members of the Construction team were also there, Leslie forwarded me the following video (she shot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa591XclxyQ

Huntsville had at least 15 Teslas in attendance, maybe more.
Light rain, some large snow flakes, high winds, lots of Huntsville City Council folks in attendance.
Very impressive showing for a holiday week and less than stellar weather.
Tesla provided a really nice reception inside the Hotel, had a lot of good conversation with several interesting folks.

Sort of like a couple of old-fashioned barn raisings and celebrations.

Supercharging is the BEST!
Especially when you know there is ANOTHER ONE right down the road at your next destination.
Driving down to Huntsville in the rain, not a worry about range, weather or anything.

Now THIS is what driving a Tesla out on the open road should be like, just Drive and Grin.

If the bays are full, just like yesterday: the bays filled up with cars, people got charged and then moved their cars.
Just be patient and please wait your turn.
First in line gets the next available bay.
Very civilized process (unlike yesterday's weather).

I could not keep track of how many folks attended Corsicana yesterday, at least 9, as many as 12, possibly 15?.
People started moving their cars so others could charge, some people arrived later, it was very windy and chilly, I was busy taking pictures of cars and folks, so I don't actually know.

Small video of opening remarks prior to Corsicana's Ribbon Cutting.
Over a 1,000 Teslas in Texas!!!!
(Former Cowboy Linebacker Dixon Edwards was there too...)
CSB were excellent and gracious hosts, seem to be great partners and want to do more projects with Tesla.
Members of the Construction team were also there, Leslie forwarded me the following video (she shot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa591XclxyQ

Huntsville had at least 15 Teslas in attendance, maybe more.
Light rain, some large snow flakes, high winds, lots of Huntsville City Council folks in attendance.
Very impressive showing for a holiday week and less than stellar weather.
Tesla provided a really nice reception inside the Hotel, had a lot of good conversation with several interesting folks.

Sort of like a couple of old-fashioned barn raisings and celebrations.

Supercharging is the BEST!
Especially when you know there is ANOTHER ONE right down the road at your next destination.
Driving down to Huntsville in the rain, not a worry about range, weather or anything.

Now THIS is what driving a Tesla out on the open road should be like, just Drive and Grin.
I was in Huntsville. I apologize for not introducing myself to you.

Re: Tyler

Tyler (whether in the works or not) doesn't make too much sense, if you (or Tesla) is sticking with their plan of superchargers being for cross country.

It "would" make sense if there was one planned somewhere east of Shreveport or somewhere midway on 49 - but such "red dots" don't appear on the website.

Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier - but I had an extra couple of pennies - hence, this post.

East of Shreveport seems too far. They've been placing the cross country SC's so that a 60 can use them so you would need something between DFW and Shreveport.

Also, thinking about east-west travel on I20, if you have an SC a little West of Fort Worth, then Tyler is the perfect place.

East of Shreveport seems too far. They've been placing the cross country SC's so that a 60 can use them so you would need something between DFW and Shreveport.

Also, thinking about east-west travel on I20, if you have an SC a little West of Fort Worth, then Tyler is the perfect place.

Fair enough. - but then what? I mean, you'd be stuck in the middle of Louisiana with no SC to get you to …

New Orleans
Atlanta
Birmingham
Destin

It (efficient travel) just kinda - dies

Not trying to not pick … simply searching for answers myself.

Great question. I wish I knew the answer. Like Waco v Temple, it might come down to where they get the best opportunity. My guess is that I10 will be the route to NO and Destin, and looking at the now crazy out of date 2015 map that was their initial focus.

But that may have changed so looking at I20, Weatherford to Tyler is about 150 miles which seems close to the ideal distance. Extrapolating that WAG, the guesses get crazier. But going East you come up with Ruston, LA (160 miles); Brandon, MS (162); Fosters, AL (160); Breman, GA (162); Thomson, GA (164); I20 and I95 intersection (172)?

Just for fun and to finish I20, going West from Weatherford:

Sweetwater, TX (164); Odessa, TX (129); Van Horn, TX (163) [Actually I10].

It has been noted in previous posts.

There is still a sizable gap in the current/updated Tesla Supercharger Map traveling due East or Northeast from DFW.
Simply can't make it to either Little Rock, AR nor Jackson, MS using only SC.
One has to travel either South or North in order to travel East.

Somewhere between Shreveport and Minden, LA would be a perfect mid-point on I-20 to Jackson, MS, then on to Atlanta.
A SC in either Tyler, TX or Lindale would be nice, but neither can stretch to Jackson, that would take yet another location in North LA.

Lots of Options abound on I-30 to Little Rock: Mt. Pleasant, TX, New Boston, Texarkana or on up to Hope, AR are all decent mid-points for SC.

I am sure there are other gaps in the current Map, these are just the one or two oversights that I continue to see, and would hope that they can be addressed.

It's great that the Texas Triangle is complete. I'm just curious about the specifications for the Corsicana and Huntsville supercharges. Are all the chargers 120 KW? Any performance data from those of you who've used them? Are they delivering the 150 miles of charge in 20 minutes as claimed? I'll be making a trip from League City to Dallas in the near future in my S85, and figure I'll plan on stopping at both Huntsville and Corsicana on the initial trip.

It's great that the Texas Triangle is complete. I'm just curious about the specifications for the Corsicana and Huntsville supercharges. Are all the chargers 120 KW? Any performance data from those of you who've used them? Are they delivering the 150 miles of charge in 20 minutes as claimed? I'll be making a trip from League City to Dallas in the near future in my S85, and figure I'll plan on stopping at both Huntsville and Corsicana on the initial trip.

All the ones since Hillsboro have been 120kW. I don't know if Hillsboro started off with 120 or if it was upgraded.

All the ones since Hillsboro have been 120kW. I don't know if Hillsboro started off with 120 or if it was upgraded.

Chris, did you instead intend San Marcos or Waco/Bellmead?
Hillsboro never made it due to the snaffu with Temple's location (permit got issued then pulled).

And I think Waco and CSB are just a fine fit in the Texas Triangle.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Huntsville and Corsicana are full-fledged 120 KW Superchargers.

Should give you plenty of umph.

Charged at Waco again last Sunday (the Sunday after Thanksgiving, major travel day) and there were no other people again at the SC. I am glad they aren't full.

I saw one other charging at the Waco SC heading to Austin on that Saturday and another one returning on the same route on the Sunday. Most I have ever seen here while on a trip is two others taking on electrons.

The lowly HPWC parking spots at the Austin Galleria @ The Domain were nearly full, however. Staying in an out-of-town city over the weekend usually requires a good local charge in order to have a comfortable margin to for the SC stop on the way back.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to give feedback to Tesla regarding the SCs. I assume I could just call, but is there a site setup or anything?
I was at Columbus a few weeks ago and noticed the Left bank of 3 charge at only 80mi/hr or so, even after waiting 10 minutes. There were 2 other cars there taking spots 1 and 3. When I switched over to the 2nd spot closest to the transformers it started to charge at 250mi/hr. There seems to be something wrong with the last 3 spots. Anyone else experience this?

Anyone know how to give feedback to Tesla regarding the SCs. I assume I could just call, but is there a site setup or anything?
I was at Columbus a few weeks ago and noticed the Left bank of 3 charge at only 80mi/hr or so, even after waiting 10 minutes. There were 2 other cars there taking spots 1 and 3. When I switched over to the 2nd spot closest to the transformers it started to charge at 250mi/hr. There seems to be something wrong with the last 3 spots. Anyone else experience this?

The SCs are in A/B pairs. Whoever comes first in a particular pair gets the lion's share.

The lowly HPWC parking spots at the Austin Galleria @ The Domain were nearly full, however. Staying in an out-of-town city over the weekend usually requires a good local charge in order to have a comfortable margin to for the SC stop on the way back.[/QUOTE]

The Austin HPWC spots are now usually occupied by 3 or so P85+ loaners/testers for the store. A bit of a pain but the store ppl will gladly move one if you need the juice