Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simply wishing I-10. I drove to Houston twice this week - late Sunday, spent night at Embassy Suites downtown (pretty nice) charged on their Blink for free. Needed 12 hours of immobility to make it work. returned home Monday night. Thursday I drove there and back same day, could have left early and charged at Galleria, decided just to take the BMW to cut 2 hours off trip. Sure was nice to drive 80 and not think about it. Hello, Tesla, listening? I-10. (please)

Last edited:
Sure. Once they get a permit somewhere, they've demonstrated an ability to install in four-to-six weeks. That's pretty fast.

The Atascadero supercharger in California was less than 3 weeks from groundbreaking to operational. Somebody went by on June 16th and didn't see any signs of construction, and somebody charged on July 4th. The first time people became aware of the construction and location was on June 23rd.

I most certainly am (as) patiently (as possible) waiting for the
installation of at least one supercharger here in Texas. My preferred
route is between DFW and HOU, but I have a business trip to AUS on
Sept 6. I need a backup plan as it is exactly 265 miles from my
doorstep to the conference site. Then it is 22 miles from the
conference site back to my downtown hotel where I plan to hook up to a
chargepoint for some electrons. If anyone is on the east side of town
and doesn't mind helping me for 60 minutes with their NEMA 14-50 at
around lunch time on that Friday, I would be appreciative. NOW, if the
supercharger is up and running by then, I will have no problem making
the entire journey. PM me if you have the ability to help. My backup
backup plan is to take the ICE.
Thanks.

I most certainly am (as) patiently (as possible) waiting for the installation of at least one supercharger here in Texas. My preferred route is between DFW and HOU, but I have a business trip to AUS on Sept 6. I need a backup plan as it is exactly 265 miles from my doorstep to the conference site. Then it is 22 miles from the conference site back to my downtown hotel where I plan to hook up to a chargepoint for some electrons. If anyone is on the east side of town and doesn't mind helping me for 60 minutes with their NEMA 14-50 at around lunch time on that Friday, I would be appreciative. NOW, if the supercharger is up and running by then, I will have no problem making the entire journey. PM me if you have the ability to help. My backup backup plan is to take the ICE.
Thanks.

Do you have an hour to stop by the Domain in Austin although that might be more than 265 miles? They have two HPWCs there and a NEMA 14-50 outlet as well. If you have the twin chargers then an hour there should get you enough to get to your hotel.

Never mind my previous post.

Apparently they are half way done with one location and have broken ground on another. I would have never believed it if I didn't recognize who it came from on the other end of the line.

So - I guess those of you who are in potential areas, this might be the weekend of discovery.

The Domain will be my backup.

Apparently they are half way done with one location and have broken ground on another. I would have never believed it if I didn't recognize who it came from on the other end of the line.

So - I guess those of you who are in potential areas, this might be the weekend of discovery.

Hmmm, looks like I will have to go scout around the "Greater Temple Metro Area" (Target shopping center) tonight... Pics to follow if verified!

@sublimaze1- Could you provide any validation of this information and from what source you spoke to? I will be traveling from DFW-HOU this weekend and was going to utilize an RV park so not getting my hopes up but please provide further detailed information if you can!

- - - Updated - - -

I do not know if anybody has posted this already, but I found this on the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulations under electrical licensing as a service contract provider.

http://www.tdlr.texas.gov/LicenseSearch/SearchResultDetail.asp?1=SERVCP00000647&2=PROVIDER&3=40

@sublimaze1- Could you provide any validation of this information and from what source you spoke to? I will be traveling from DFW-HOU this weekend and was going to utilize an RV park so not getting my hopes up but please provide further detailed information if you can!

- - - Updated - - -

Having almost ruined a Tesla employees life in the past by leaking source based information, I refuse to jeopardize another. There are too many eyes on this forum.

I will say that the source was valid. The source was NOT in Dallas. The source was eager to support my journey. The source did not volunteer this until I specifically asked. You don't know me from Adam. But I'm truthful until proven otherwise.

This is EXCELLENT news.
Really looking forward to my first quasi road-trip (or two), if no more that to the opening of a Supercharger Station.
Go. Attend Ribbon cutting. Celebrate. Recharge. Return home.

By the way - it was mentioned that the SpacEx (sp) rocket facility in/near McGregor may be a likely candidate. As this would skirt any red-tape issues (it's Elon's property) and we haven't seen any ditch witches along I-35, perhaps it might be there?

By the way - it was mentioned that the SpacEx (sp) rocket facility in/near McGregor may be a likely candidate. As this would skirt any red-tape issues (it's Elon's property) and we haven't seen any ditch witches along I-35, perhaps it might be there?

It certainly could be, but that's way out of the way. That's at least 20 miles off I35 on back roads. It'll check the box and let us do Dallas to San Antonio, but it's not ideal.

It certainly could be, but that's way out of the way. That's at least 20 miles off I35 on back roads. It'll check the box and let us do Dallas to San Antonio, but it's not ideal.

According to maps.google, it adds only 6.4 miles to the most direct route between Belton and Waco.

Going to the SpaceX facility rather than McGregor, it adds 12.5 miles to the most direct Belton - Waco route.

That's a price I would readily pay. I HATE to drive IH35 anyway.

Last edited: