TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Texas Supercharger Locations

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Babylonfive, Sep 24, 2012.

1. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Not too sure about BOTH a location in Boerne and "Walden Meadows". They are only a few miles apart, and would serve the same areas/routes. The expected location is at I-10 and Fair Oaks, but the mailing address is in Boerne. I think they just forgot to remove the Walden Meadows entry, which is actually a subdivision with little commercial development.

2. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

I tend to agree on Walden meadows.

I’m still confused by San Antonio. They have the permits with nothing really done at 410/I-10. The have the 311 at the Wal-Mart. And then the Borne/Walden meadows thing.

Interesting times!

3. AndrewTX

AndrewTX Member

That's 21 locations with 'Target Opening' sometime in 2018. Does it seem realistic to anyone that Tesla will actually open all of these? I'd be pleasantly surprised if one-third of them are operational by the end of the year.

4. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

If they only do Wichita and Fort Stockton - that alone will be a big win.

• Like x 5
  5. Black96z

Black96z Member

I think that 20 openings could be manageable. A few months ago Tesla was looking for a person for a position based in Houston titled Supercharger Construction Manager, South region. Said the person should be able to manage up to 20 projects at a time. In the Stockton SC thread, someone posted that there is a new boss based in Houston that is managing the project there. Possibly they found their guy and he is getting started in the task of finishing out the south region.

6. houstonian

houstonian ಠ_ಠ

x2 on Wichita. Ditto for Clayton NM as that completes the northwest 287/87 dog-leg to go from TX to CO and vice-versa.

7. gnelson

gnelson Member

Do you mean Wichita Falls?

8. houstonian

houstonian ಠ_ಠ

Yup. Wichita Falls.

Do the drive from Houston to Colorado ~2-3 times per year. Can make it with the existing SCs but the longest stretches of the journey are on 87/287 and both of those locations (Wichita Falls + Clayton NM) will make it far easier!

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Katy site may be at the HEB at the Pin Oak Rd. exit off I-10 (25675 Nelson Way). Tesla is having a utility survey done there. This doesn’t always result in a supercharger though, it’s just a site evaluation.

• Informative x 2
  10. TexasEV

A supercharger may be coming to Eastland, a small town off I-20 just east of Cisco. Tesla has ordered a utility survey for the Walmart parking lot.

11. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Vidor, TX Walmart too...

12. thenaimis

thenaimis Former Tesla Cheerleader

Have to say I'd happily drive miles out of my way to avoid Vidor.

• Like x 3
  13. TexasEV

Here’s an unexpected one— Tesla is doing a utility survey at the CEFCO convenience store on 290 in Giddings, just east of Buccees.

14. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

That would be a huge help with a weekend trip to College Station from Austin or SA.

15. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

they do seem to have College Station earmarked for a supercharger as well as Brenham - but I do realize that those coming soon markers are probably more aspirational :)

16. ekhozindar

ekhozindar Member

Currently sitting here at the only Austin supercharger with 5 cars on a waitlist to charge. This is ridiculous. Austin needs to be the one place they put more than anywhere because it is the central city in Texas where everyone goes to charge.

Attached Files:

17. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Austin is very time sensitive.
    It spends most of the time empty, except at popular times like the middle of the day or dinner time.

• Informative x 1
  18. TexasEV

Actually we did just fine for four years before the supercharger opened. There are superchargers within 100 miles to the north, east, and south, and dozens of J1772s and HPWCs in Austin for destination charging.

• Helpful x 1
  19. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

This. It’s probably the locals that really don’t need it, but are saving money.

20. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age