Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not too sure about BOTH a location in Boerne and "Walden Meadows". They are only a few miles apart, and would serve the same areas/routes. The expected location is at I-10 and Fair Oaks, but the mailing address is in Boerne. I think they just forgot to remove the Walden Meadows entry, which is actually a subdivision with little commercial development.

Not too sure about BOTH a location in Boerne and "Walden Meadows". They are only a few miles apart, and would serve the same areas/routes. The expected location is at I-10 and Fair Oaks, but the mailing address is in Boerne. I think they just forgot to remove the Walden Meadows entry, which is actually a subdivision with little commercial development.
I tend to agree on Walden meadows.

I’m still confused by San Antonio. They have the permits with nothing really done at 410/I-10. The have the 311 at the Wal-Mart. And then the Borne/Walden meadows thing.

Interesting times!

I think that 20 openings could be manageable. A few months ago Tesla was looking for a person for a position based in Houston titled Supercharger Construction Manager, South region. Said the person should be able to manage up to 20 projects at a time. In the Stockton SC thread, someone posted that there is a new boss based in Houston that is managing the project there. Possibly they found their guy and he is getting started in the task of finishing out the south region.

Currently sitting here at the only Austin supercharger with 5 cars on a waitlist to charge. This is ridiculous. Austin needs to be the one place they put more than anywhere because it is the central city in Texas where everyone goes to charge.

Attachments

• IMG_20180630_141715.jpg
    IMG_20180630_141715.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 103
Currently sitting here at the only Austin supercharger with 5 cars on a waitlist to charge. This is ridiculous. Austin needs to be the one place they put more than anywhere because it is the central city in Texas where everyone goes to charge.
Austin is very time sensitive.
It spends most of the time empty, except at popular times like the middle of the day or dinner time.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Actually we did just fine for four years before the supercharger opened. There are superchargers within 100 miles to the north, east, and south, and dozens of J1772s and HPWCs in Austin for destination charging.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler