Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Houston uptown - perhaps?

Search and Status
Good find.

I'm guessing "downtown" for this.

Google Maps to the Wal-Mart mentioned:
Google Maps

A few months ago while chatting with a Tesla Galleria store employee, I heard the "Galleria" location was going into Uptown Park. See: Google Maps for the location.

Have not heard anything else, but if this is where the SC will go, I hope they build it big enough as I suspect the high concentration of Tesla's in the Galleria + Lunch/Dinner/Coffee/etc. spots nearby will make it a bit more of a destination SC than a plug-in-and-watch-paint-dry SC like Channelview or Childress.

Good find.

Google Maps

A few months ago while chatting with a Tesla Galleria store employee, I heard the "Galleria" location was going into Uptown Park. See: Google Maps for the location.

Have not heard anything else, but if this is where the SC will go, I hope they build it big enough as I suspect the high concentration of Tesla's in the Galleria + Lunch/Dinner/Coffee/etc. spots nearby will make it a bit more of a destination SC than a plug-in-and-watch-paint-dry SC like Channelview or Childress.

Your probably correct. It's kinda in the middle of the coming soon pins on the Tesla page. But closer to downtown.

Good find.

Google Maps

That would be AWESOME! That whole general area is undergoing some nice renovations as we speak. I do agree with you that the area has a high potential to be ICE'd. The urban Superchargers in Plano are located on the 3rd floor of a parking garage and always available to use.

Be nice to know, but probably nothing much. I believe it is only a preliminary evaluation survey. Many of these at various locations in the past.

I actually just went by. No evidence whatsover of any activity. I suspect they would build it in the side parking lot where very few shoppers go. The front lot is always crowded - no room for an SC.

The site itself has limited options: there's a McDonalds inside the Wal-Mart plus a Jack-in-the-Box, and a Chik-Fil-A in the same parking lot. Waffle House next door. There is a large multi-use development under construction across the street which promised many retail options but that looks to be at least a year away.

I actually just went by. No evidence whatsover of any activity. I suspect they would build it in the side parking lot where very few shoppers go. The front lot is always crowded - no room for an SC.

The site itself has limited options: there's a McDonalds inside the Wal-Mart plus a Jack-in-the-Box, and a Chik-Fil-A in the same parking lot. Waffle House next door. There is a large multi-use development under construction across the street which promised many retail options but that looks to be at least a year away.
Again, before you get too excited, this was just a request to mark utilities to evaluate the site. Often nothing ever comes of it.

And then there were 21...

The following are now coming soon -

Grapevine has opened as Southlake -
Southlake, TX Supercharger | Tesla

And Dallas opened -
Dallas, TX - North Central Expressway Supercharger | Tesla

This is the open list -
1 Amarillo, TX 79124
2 Arlington, TX 76011-5110
3 Austin, TX 78752-0000
4 Bellmead, TX 76705
5 Channelview, TX 777530
6 Childress, TX 79201
7 Cisco, TX 76437
8 Columbus, TX 78934
9 Corsicana, TX 75109
10 Denton, TX 76201
11 El Paso, TX 79932-8515
12 Flatonia, TX 78941
13 Houston, TX 77090
14 Huntsville, TX 77340
15 Italy, TX 76651
16 Junction, TX 76849-3104
17 Kingsville, TX 78363-2844
18 Laredo, TX 78041-9143
19 Lindale, TX 75771
20 Midland, TX 79706-3525
21 Nacogdoches, TX 75964-2629
22 Ozona, TX 76943
23 Plano, TX 75024
24 San Marcos, TX 78666
25 Shamrock, TX 79079
26 Southlake, TX 76092
27 Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
28 Sweetwater, TX 79556
29 Texarkana, TX 75503-2434
30 Three Rivers, TX 78071
31 Van Horn, TX 79855
32 Victoria, TX 77901

I'm curious if Houston - Northwest Hwy will be new, or replace one of the ones on the list.​

• Informative
Reactions: LonestarV

Yesterday there were stakes with pink streamers posted near each of the visible transformers.