Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text from Tesla - but no VIN/MVPA yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just an update- I chatted with Tesla this morning and explained that the letter is in their hands and that I can't move forward without the change to the MVPA- and they made the change right there and had me check it. So I don't know why I had the fire drill over the last 2 days, but they were great today and I'm on my way having all the paperwork finished.

Now just hoping I get a TXT or something with a guess of when the car will be ready... Since I have the VIN hoping its weeks away and not months... here is hoping.
If you have a MVPA they know exactly where the car is. It's either planned for production, in production, etc... When I got mine (checked my account and saw it was asking for payment and there was a MVPA) I called the delivery advisor and he checked the computer. It had been "born" (his word) 8 hours earlier and was on the test track as we spoke. He said I should get a text to schedule delivery within 2 days (not far from the factory though so YMMV). I called the delivery center the next day and scheduled delivery as I was trying to go there this weekend vice during the week. They checked, saw it was on a truck to them already and they gave me an appt. for Saturday. My point is, I'm sure they know exactly where your car is and can tell you more detail...

If you have a MVPA they know exactly where the car is. It's either planned for production, in production, etc... When I got mine (checked my account and saw it was asking for payment and there was a MVPA) I called the delivery advisor and he checked the computer. It had been "born" (his word) 8 hours earlier and was on the test track as we spoke. He said I should get a text to schedule delivery within 2 days (not far from the factory though so YMMV). I called the delivery center the next day and scheduled delivery as I was trying to go there this weekend vice during the week. They checked, saw it was on a truck to them already and they gave me an appt. for Saturday. My point is, I'm sure they know exactly where your car is and can tell you more detail...

THANKS! I figured I would let it ride through the weekend and see what happens- maybe call them on Monday if I don't hear anything. (it would be an awesome father's day present!)... Its just funny though, if I was oblivious I wouldn't even have known I had things to do... If it wasn't for that google chrome extension that tells you that there is a VIN in your source, I would have never been visiting the page so much...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Is the “mvpa” actually called lending agreement?

Is the “mvpa” actually called lending agreement?

So the MVPA is the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement... you will find it here on your reservation page (bottom right) when it's available....
2020-06-04_17-41-01.jpg

Interesting. I have one there called lending agreement that has all that. View attachment 548111
So I think that's when you work with Tesla for the loan. Back in March I did that with Tesla, but since 60 days were up for me I worked with my bank instead this week... So I think that's why I don't have that. However the next step for you would be MVPA.. which is really not going to come until you have a VIN.

BTW- When they give you a VIN, before they tell you it you can you can find it in the reservation webpage source code before you get the MVPA- that's how you know you're getting close. There are instructions on this site that will help you find it, however if you're a Google Chrome fan you can look for the Tesla VIN finder Extension and add it to your browser... then when you open your reservation page, push the button and it will tell you if you have a VIN and if you do what the VIN is.
2020-06-04_18-41-29.jpg

So I think that's when you work with Tesla for the loan. Back in March I did that with Tesla, but since 60 days were up for me I worked with my bank instead this week... So I think that's why I don't have that. However the next step for you would be MVPA.. which is really not going to come until you have a VIN.

BTW- When they give you a VIN, before they tell you it you can you can find it in the reservation webpage source code before you get the MVPA- that's how you know you're getting close. There are instructions on this site that will help you find it, however if you're a Google Chrome fan you can look for the Tesla VIN finder Extension and add it to your browser... then when you open your reservation page, push the button and it will tell you if you have a VIN and if you do what the VIN is.
View attachment 548112
I already have my VIN and it’s also included in that document.

It certainly isn't from using Tesla financing. I don't have the "Lending Agreement", and I have already accepted the Tesla financing (via chase). I'd call in and find out what the is though.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

White on White PUP with TOW & FSD

Found VIN in source code and request for payment, along with MVPA this morning. Got the 2-4 weeks text on Tuesday. MVPA lists odometer at 15 miles... does that mean it's already been built?

AWD/ MSM / Black / 20" Inductions / No FSD/ So, Cal