Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message not showing on Tesla screen/Messaging app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It only shows the text messages received while you are connected to the car. I have a Samsung Galaxy smartphone too and I was not seeing texts either until I uninstalled the Samsung Email app. For some reason it interferes with text messages showing up on the car. Try it.

Oh, is it Samsung email app? I'm using it as my personal email...can't uninstall it. I guess I'll just live without the text msg on the car. LOL
Yeah. That's what worked for me. But I use the Gmail app. You could try uninstalling the Samsung app, see if texts work, then reinstall it. So that if you want to look into other email apps at least you'll know that same fix works for you. Don't just believe a random person on the internet. :)

Reactions: WarekiwiT
Yeah. That's what worked for me. But I use the Gmail app. You could try uninstalling the Samsung app, see if texts work, then reinstall it. So that if you want to look into other email apps at least you'll know that same fix works for you. Don't just believe a random person on the internet. :)
Hi. I had the same issue, so I just wanted to confirm that it is the Samsung email app that affects your text messages. I uninstalled the samsung app and now I'm just using the Gmail app... the text messages on the car work fine now.

Reactions: heavymetalm8r
How did you all uninstall the Samsung email app? I thought that was system app and couldn't be uninstalled.

@thefisch were you able to get text messaging to work? It appears that deleting the Samsung Mail app does the trick. But for older phones (Samsung Galaxy S10), it's not possible to delete it - probably just be able to "Force Stop" it. In my newer S21, I can delete it. But the GS10 is my personal phone which is what I want to receive and send texts on.

@thefisch were you able to get text messaging to work? It appears that deleting the Samsung Mail app does the trick. But for older phones (Samsung Galaxy S10), it's not possible to delete it - probably just be able to "Force Stop" it. In my newer S21, I can delete it. But the GS10 is my personal phone which is what I want to receive and send texts on.
Nope, still not working for us even with a force stop.

@thefisch I can now confirm the following:

Samsung Galaxy S10: forcestop, clear cache, clear data = does not enable the Messaging app.
Samsung Galaxy S21FE: uninstalling the Samsung Email app = enables the Messaging app; works as intended!
Cheap Motorola phones (kids and wife's) = works as intended; go figure.

So for the S10, we're SOL. We can't uninstall the Email app. For my S21FE, I need the Email app so I can't uninstall it.

Reactions: thefisch
@thefisch I can now confirm the following:

Samsung Galaxy S10: forcestop, clear cache, clear data = does not enable the Messaging app.
Samsung Galaxy S21FE: uninstalling the Samsung Email app = enables the Messaging app; works as intended!
Cheap Motorola phones (kids and wife's) = works as intended; go figure.

So for the S10, we're SOL. We can't uninstall the Email app. For my S21FE, I need the Email app so I can't uninstall it.
I have a S10 and managed yesterday to uninstall Samsung Email and text in Tesla is now working fine. I have replaced Samsung Email with Edison which works fine

I had a similar problem on my new Model Y. Everything in the car appeared to be working but the messages actually were never sent even though the screen said they were. Never had this problem on my old Model Y (2020). Uninstalled Samsung email and had to find an alternative 3rd party email app. Now works. Using Samsung S22 phone.

I have Samsung s23 ultra. My issue is my tesla is in service and I am unable to receive any messages sent by Tesla on service update. I went to the service center and they showed me they indeed reply to my messages in Tesla app. However I don't see any replies in my tesla app and have not received single text from them on phone either. I tried reboot, uninstall and reinstall of the app but still no luck. I don't have Samsung email app and only mail app on phone is Gmail. Any idea what is wrong as I really need to get those messages as we can't really call Tesla to get update. My brand new tesla model x has got some door issue and they are trying to rectify it since more than a month and failed in previous 4 attempts.

I have Samsung s23 ultra. My issue is my tesla is in service and I am unable to receive any messages sent by Tesla on service update. I went to the service center and they showed me they indeed reply to my messages in Tesla app. However I don't see any replies in my tesla app and have not received single text from them on phone either. I tried reboot, uninstall and reinstall of the app but still no luck. I don't have Samsung email app and only mail app on phone is Gmail. Any idea what is wrong as I really need to get those messages as we can't really call Tesla to get update. My brand new tesla model x has got some door issue and they are trying to rectify it since more than a month and failed in previous 4 attempts.
Same issue on wife's iPhone 14 so must be something wrong with tesla app itself.