Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text messages (ghosts)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to be really hard to explain to everybody but I'll give it a try. On the model y I receive a text from someone in my address book. It appears on the display but it's not from the person who it indicates even though they're in my address book. This has happened a few times but it does not come into my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S 20-plus. It only shows on the car display and not on the phone. I've contacted the people that supposedly sent it and they say they did not send it. Has anybody had this issue and if so why is this happening? This is really weird!

I didn't even know you could get texts on the screen. Where is that configured? I've never seen one. I get mine on my Apple watch, which is probably better then getting it on the Tesla anyway.

I didn't even know you could get texts on the screen. Where is that configured? I've never seen one. I get mine on my Apple watch, which is probably better then getting it on the Tesla anyway.
Select your phone in the Bluetooth screen (accessed via button in upper right corner of touchscreen) and turn on the toggle to receive text messages.

An alert will appear on the touchscreen when you receive an incoming text message and then push in the right scroll wheel to have the message read outloud. After listening to the message, you can push the wheel again to verbally reply to the message. It’s a great feature and works quite well!

• Informative
Reactions: 73Bruin and KerryOH
Select your phone in the Bluetooth screen (accessed via button in upper right corner of touchscreen) and turn on the toggle to receive text messages.

An alert will appear on the touchscreen when you receive an incoming text message and then push in the right scroll wheel to have the message read outloud. After listening to the message, you can push the wheel again to verbally reply to the message. It’s a great feature and works quite well!
Anybody know if it still has issues with group chats? Or have they fixed that?

Thanks!

Reactions: 73Bruin