Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TFL is getting an AWD Cybertruck Foundation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would think that youtube influences would know that the order allocation is not purely based on number but also location...

Additionally they have been invited to configure a foundation truck... which they havent recieved yet

TFL has received the invite, and will be getting the Dual Motor AWD Foundation Series. They note they're around the #50,000 position on the reservation list. Let's keep the TFL testing and updates consolidated within this thread. I'm looking forward to their unbiased testing.

I still want mine but it’s the wait time and huge let down on the range. From 500 to basically half that and god forbid you tow anything. The price has gone up and the truck has gone down. I ordered about 2-3 months after these guys and they are number 50k, no telling how many they can or will churn out a year. Figure the price will drop some but time and range will have others bailing. But them you’ll you have the diehards that will pay whatever just to get one.

I think a better test would be to fill up the ICE vehicle with the same amount of fuel range as the EV Truck. If the highest range of the electric truck is 340 miles then fill the ICE vehicle to 340 miles and hit the road with the exact same Trailers and Trailer weights. This would be a more fair test since both vehicles will start with the exact same range.

I think a better test would be to fill up the ICE vehicle with the same amount of fuel range as the EV Truck. If the highest range of the electric truck is 340 miles then fill the ICE vehicle to 340 miles and hit the road with the exact same Trailers and Trailer weights. This would be a more fair test since both vehicles will start with the exact same range.
Seems like the better test is to drive the same route with both and measure how long it takes and how much it costs.

They just Hate EV's period....... they aren't "Paid Shills"
i dont think they hate EVs period... i mean they run a dedicated well visited EV channel in addition to their other channels.

they liked the Model Y for performance and experience but had a less than optimal service center repair experience when it came to fixing a door which wouldn't open. doesn't seem that out of the world tbh...

their truck reviews are *very* heavy on real truck use including max towing in harsh conditions... they subject all trucks to that test and don't make an exception for EV trucks. We know that for heavy towing EV trucks ain't ideal... but that doesnt make them anti EV. in my opinion

Reactions: FLRifleman
They pretty much did this in the Silverado EV vs f150 towing video.

Impressive. That’s a big battery in the Silverado! It will absolutely destroy cybertruck in towing except when you hit broken charging stations. Funny that the cost per mile and range is the same as the ecoboost (If you don’t charge at home).
The test I had in mind would include multiple charging stops to see how much time charging really costs and how often you have to disconnect trailer.