Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanks Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Service Ranger came to our home a couple of weeks ago to perform the first Annual Service on our Model S. One year and just under 10,000 miles of nothing but squak-free local and long-distance driving pleasure!

When the car was ordered we struggled with the choice between the 60D or the 90D. We did not need the extra rated miles, but we wondered in transitioning from a Porsche 991Targa if we would miss the quicker acceleration offered by the 90D. We decided the extra quickness was not worth the additional $20,000 cost of the 90D.

Now just one short year later my 60D has been “unlocked” and become a 75D. Soon it will be “uncorked” and become a P75D, with all the extra quickness of the 90D. These performance improvements and all the other product enhancements that have arrived with regular software updates this year have cost only a modest extra $2000 over the lower purchase price of the 60D.

I have purchased several new cars from performance brands — MB, BMW, Audi, Aston Martin and Porsche. None have offered any performance or other product enhancements after the sale. Actually, I doubt they have ever even considered the notion.

Thank you Tesla…..Thank you very much.:)