Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The biggest enemy of Tesla is not car/energy sales or profits. It's: Rise of Artificial Intelligence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The biggest fundamental problem Tesla facing is what Elon Musk worries about all the time: AI.

AI is one of the best or the worst thing we gonna ever create in the future. Elon Musk is very outspoken about this topic especially after Alphago created, which may eventually trigger the AI to attack his enterprises including Spacex, and even The Boring Company.

It is logical for AI to attack those who resist its existence, power or growth. Other pro AI companies will continue to grow like NVDA, FB, GOOGL, BIDU, BABA, TENCENT, AMZN.

I'm long for TSLA but it is the core risk of holding this stock in the future.
Feel free to share your views about it.

• Love
Reactions: replicant
I have no idea how AI should be a problem for a company invested in transportation, battery production and solar power.
The cars will drive themselves in the future and the solar power will become more efficient...but I don´t see Tesla being pushed out of the market by any of those developments.....

I have no idea how AI should be a problem for a company invested in transportation, battery production and solar power.
The cars will drive themselves in the future and the solar power will become more efficient...but I don´t see Tesla being pushed out of the market by any of those developments.....
Most of us vastly underrated the capability of what AI can do and will do and how it impacts all aspects of humans. Musk understands AI more than general public which is why he talks so much about it and how things will turn when we are on the edge to create something we do not understand or will never understand which is way more intelligent than any humans on earth. Throughout the history of our existence we never created anything that can outsmart us, however, AlphaGo, AlphaGo Zero is the one that proves AI will soon replace Human intelligence.

Most of us vastly underrated the capability of what AI can do and will do and how it impacts all aspects of humans. Musk understands AI more than general public which is why he talks so much about it and how things will turn when we are on the edge to create something we do not understand or will never understand which is way more intelligent than any humans on earth. Throughout the history of our existence we never created anything that can outsmart us, however, AlphaGo, AlphaGo Zero is the one that proves AI will soon replace Human intelligence.
.....eh you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what ai actually means. You kinda have the picture from the movies in your head it seems......

I think the greatest danger is AS (Artificial Stupidity) embodied in the politicians who not only deny climate change, but actively support things like coal power plants. My expectation is that we'll see the EV incentives converted to gas guzzler incentives in several states.
since this has veered so off topic I'll push this right off the rails.
DBKKk7yVoAY82EJ.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Scrith and bonaire
When something ends up being a community good, people seem to embrace it. If AI is not a community good, it may not grow into any form of over-arching technology.

We have AI now - and it has a programming team behind it. Those If statements are based on what we presume is "good". One of them is used in the stock market trading - called "Algorithmic trading scenarios". Equity quants and other algo-based trading use math and AI to form predictions. They are "children" compared to what type of AI is needed to predict the things that everyone worries about. The biggest AI possible is probably only going to be able to control a factory floor or drive a car. heck, I worked at a process control architecture computer company in the 1980s which ran refineries through semi-automation. However, IBM's Watson probably could run this country pretty well with a few tweaks - with an eye toward balance of resource use, foreign affairs based on historical "what worked?" and other more elegant logic.

Don't worry about it (AI attacking Tesla and SpaceX) in the next 10 years.

In the long run, AI is definitely the biggest threat. At that point I don't worry about the existence of Tesla, it's the humanity that will likely be wiped out.