Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Cancer that is Phantom Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have my doubts. Phantom braking is a complex issue that becomes exponentially more complex as they continue to add "features" that involve braking. Traffic controls, pedestrian paths, cones, trash bins, cyclists, emergency braking, speed signs, etc. etc. all can potentially lead to phantom braking.

I still have my doubts. Phantom braking is a complex issue that becomes exponentially more complex as they continue to add "features" that involve braking. Traffic controls, pedestrian paths, cones, trash bins, cyclists, emergency braking, speed signs, etc. etc. all can potentially lead to phantom braking.
Well, it is only one report by a self proclaimed fan boy!
So, probably needs way more confirmation.
But there is hope!

Today, I thought it was phantom braking, but upon reviewing the footage, it seems AP thought the van was encroaching my lane. I would say it was an appropriate braking.

SmartSelect_20201104-191758_Photos.gif

I have model 3p it does it almost everyday my wife will not ride in the car with full auto on it consistently is scaring us
If you have safety concerns about TACC or AP report your concerns to the regulator in your country, that is the DVSA in the UK https://forms.dvsa.gov.uk/Vsdr/create the form is very easy to use and quick to fill in. I have asked the DVSA to investigate hard braking by TACC after a near serious incident on the M6 when driving our M3. The more report the issues the quicker Tesla will fix it in my view. Let’s face it they seem in no hurry at the moment.

If you have safety concerns about TACC or AP report your concerns to the regulator in your country, that is the DVSA in the UK Vehicle Safety Defect Report | DVSA the form is very easy to use and quick to fill in. I have asked the DVSA to investigate hard braking by TACC after a near serious incident on the M6 when driving our M3. The more report the issues the quicker Tesla will fix it in my view. Let’s face it they seem in no hurry at the moment.
A simple fix by Tesla would be to give the TACC AP a Beta tag and give us a standard speed cruise control.