Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all those wondering which ship their cars might be on, someone has worked out how to do it.

In the main forum section; Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery.

There is a very recent thread going in there, but it may only apply to European deliveries. I have not researched it myself...

Edit: It does look as if it is specifically for the Europeans, but other shipping companies might offer a similar service. Worth investing a few minutes...

Last edited:
How about a Ludicrous Poll:

For those who are getting the P85D, will you upgrade to Ludicrous Mode?

A. Yes, definitely, whatever the cost.
B. I'll check out the P85D for a while and maybe make a decision when the cost is known, whatever...
C. Naaa, what the hell do you need that for anyway?

I'll jump in here after a few answers roll in... the questioner shouldn't probably be the answerer too... might bias the thing....

How about a Ludicrous Poll:

For those who are getting the P85D, will you upgrade to Ludicrous Mode?

A. Yes, definitely, whatever the cost.
B. I'll check out the P85D for a while and maybe make a decision when the cost is known, whatever...
C. Naaa, what the hell do you need that for anyway?

I'll jump in here after a few answers roll in... the questioner shouldn't probably be the answerer too... might bias the thing....

I'll be going for 'B' at this time.

Production Complete!! Yay!!
Now to figure out which possible ship .... the ANL BARWON looks a possibility, currently in San Francisco.

Hey brewster, download the marine traffic app. It allows you to log the potential ships and watch the progress. You get a push/email each time they arrive at, or close to a port. If nothing else it helps kill the time. My car was not ocean bound for just over two weeks so you may be wise to watch all of the boats that leave in the next few weeks. Congrats on completing the next step.

- - - Updated - - -

drove from Perth up North a few years ago. Middle of nowhere, perfectly straight and excellent quality road, nearest town maybe 50 km away, cruise control on 115 and got ticketed by your very polite cops!! Can't see the point of all the. Power!

Straight roads is the place Ludemode that will be at one with the universe.

Hey brewster, download the marine traffic app. It allows you to log the potential ships and watch the progress. You get a push/email each time they arrive at, or close to a port. If nothing else it helps kill the time. My car was not ocean bound for just over two weeks so you may be wise to watch all of the boats that leave in the next few weeks. Congrats on completing the next step.

Thanks Trav, I already do, on my PC anyway.

I've a spreadsheet going and track the 11 ships that travel from the West coast of USA to Australia. I check each ship every day (yeah I have a sickness) and email notifications set up for the 4 most likely candidates.
I'll be able to refine the number of ships to track now, you could say, it kills time and I'm on it. :wink:

Thanks Trav, I already do, on my PC anyway.

I've a spreadsheet going and track the 11 ships that travel from the West coast of USA to Australia. I check each ship every day (yeah I have a sickness) and email notifications set up for the 4 most likely candidates.
I'll be able to refine the number of ships to track now, you could say, it kills time and I'm on it. :wink:

I bow to the master

To the obsessive compulsive posters:

Picked mine up yesterday. I'm a crusty, sceptical cynical old fart.

Still grinning from ear-to-ear. It is just such an effortless pleasure to drive.
Constantly thinking up illogical reasons to run errands in the car.
The long wait for the car: can't remember that any more.

To the obsessive compulsive posters:

Picked mine up yesterday. I'm a crusty, sceptical cynical old fart.

Still grinning from ear-to-ear. It is just such an effortless pleasure to drive.
Constantly thinking up illogical reasons to run errands in the car.
The long wait for the car: can't remember that any more.

From one old fart to another, congratulations!! :smile:

I understand that one doesn't have to do the yearly service and the warranty is still honored, however do you get a warranty schedule at all and if so what is covered?
I'm curious to know what sort of oil goes in the drive-train. I understand its a sealed unit, but does the oil last for 10 years or more?
Obviously I'm not a car tinkerer, just curious.

From one old fart to another, congratulations!! :smile:

I understand that one doesn't have to do the yearly service and the warranty is still honored, however do you get a warranty schedule at all and if so what is covered?
I'm curious to know what sort of oil goes in the drive-train. I understand its a sealed unit, but does the oil last for 10 years or more?
Obviously I'm not a car tinkerer, just curious.
OIL!!! what oil???