Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "End of Quarter" Waiting Room / Buying Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to start a new thread to piggyback off the discussions in the " Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1" thread which is now way past its lifecycle.

I already purchased a Model Y end of March (End of Q1), but I am now going to buy a Model 3 at the end of this quarter so I have begun conversations with my inside guy at Tesla, for those who followed in that thread during the end of march he was right on the money with giving me information on upcoming discounts and days in which they would go live so I will use this thread to provide info as it comes in.

As of now, he has no concrete data yet but as we have grown to learn the last couple weeks will be the best time to buy as always.

As we come to the close of Q2 I will use this thread to put in any relevant info he feeds me on upcoming deals/promotions and dates.

For reference I will post what I purchased with his guidance at the end of Q1:

2024 Model Y Long Range
  • -$5200 Adjustment (10%) (Sitting Inventory Discount)
  • -$2000 Free Color Upgrade (Existing Customers)
  • -$1000 CyberTruck Discount (Existing CyberTruck Reservation Holders)
  • -$7500 EV Credit
  • 1 Year Free Premium Connectivity
  • 10,000 Free Supercharging Miles
  • 3 Months FSD
  • 7500 Referral Credit

Let's hope we can get similar promotions and offers as we close out June!
screenshot-www.tesla.com-2024.06.07-15_55_25.png

Would be curious his opinions on how successful the .99% financing promotion was for the Y model.
Seems to have taken quite a bite out of existing inventory levels for that model and also created a bunch of new orders for cars to be made and delivered this month+

I think they will get very aggressive to move any of the remaining Y's sitting inventory end of this month but those numbers seem to be much less now than they were a few weeks back.

Would be curious his opinions on how successful the .99% financing promotion was for the Y model.
Seems to have taken quite a bite out of existing inventory levels for that model and also created a bunch of new orders for cars to be made and delivered this month+

I think they will get very aggressive to move any of the remaining Y's sitting inventory end of this month but those numbers seem to be much less now than they were a few weeks back.
Just asked, he said "we sold Y's like crazy"...

also he sent me this screenshot, but im assuming its already public info somewhere, he said this is all we got as of today:

------------------------
US Only: Model 3 Promotional APR for Limited Time

We are excited to announce a new promotional APR for Model 3

Rear-Wheel Drive and Long Range All-Wheel Drive trims in the United States for well-qualified buyers.

The promotional APR is effective for orders placed as of June 6, 2024.

1.99% for 36 month loan terms
4.99% for 48 to 60 month loan terms
Orders must be placed between June 6, 2024 to June 16, 2024 to be eligible
Note: The starting APR for Model 3 Performance remains at 6.39%
------------------------

Actually I didn't see it listed or posted anywhere, anyhow, this is a good sign that low interest rates across the entire brand should be back for End of Quarter.

Last edited:

Definitely took a bite out of inventory and for me it was good enough to go ahead and not wait for inventory. I was only willing to wait until Q end at most (wife's car needed brakes) so wasn't willing to wait until September should June not be better.

I still won't be surprised if I end up not getting the best deal but am ok with that .

Reactions: KromiX
Hey at the end of the day these are just cars and you had a need, not all people can wait. If you are happy thats all that matters.
Totally!

I'd even say I had a want and not a need. Buying a new car, EV or ICE, is not a financially optimal need being met but I digress. :)

The WIFE is happy though and THAT is what matters. I have enjoyed the hunt for the deal though. Kinda sad it is over!

I also got an extra 5,000 super charger miles and 5000 Tesla credits for trading in a Tesla. I then got the acceleration boost with 10K credits that is a $2K option, accepted the deliver then I checked my app and the credit appeared so BOOM, I got the boost before I left the delivery parking lot :p

Reactions: GOVA
Anyone else concerned deals won't be as good if these inventory levels stay lower than end of Q1?

I thought there was at least a fair chance as it was quickly obvious that the interest promo was working. Was hoping I could thread needle and cancel/re-order of something really smoking happened.

Picked up wife's MY this morning so if there are great deals June end I will just congratulate those with the fortitude to wait!

Half way expected the deals to be announced about an hour after we drove off. lol

It happens lol.... I think you'll be fine, don't look anymore and you won't know, ignorance is bliss! But if you do look, I think there will undoubtedly be better deals but not by much and not as good as end of Q1.

Reactions: Royal27
Yeah I am totally fine either way. I pulled the trigger, no one made me do it. One of my personal pets peeves is when someone makes a decision and then complains when a better deal happens. There are always better or different deals.

I'm gonna watch though. It has been too much fun not to. lol

Oh, and playing with FSD today has been a riot. It isn't perfect but I am impressed.

Reactions: mreynolds767
Just asked, he said "we sold Y's like crazy"...

also he sent me this screenshot, but im assuming its already public info somewhere, he said this is all we got as of today:

------------------------
US Only: Model 3 Promotional APR for Limited Time

We are excited to announce a new promotional APR for Model 3

Rear-Wheel Drive and Long Range All-Wheel Drive trims in the United States for well-qualified buyers.

The promotional APR is effective for orders placed as of June 6, 2024.

1.99% for 36 month loan terms
4.99% for 48 to 60 month loan terms
Orders must be placed between June 6, 2024 to June 16, 2024 to be eligible
Note: The starting APR for Model 3 Performance remains at 6.39%
------------------------

Actually I didn't see it listed or posted anywhere, anyhow, this is a good sign that low interest rates across the entire brand should be back for End of Quarter.

Does your inside guy know much about production status? Curious if the MY 7-seaters are really going to be delayed until end of July/early August, or if there will be a push to deliver those orders by the end of this month?