TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The hidden benefits of the autolock doors

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Brand_Fan95, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Brand_Fan95

Brand_Fan95 New Member

Many Tesla enthusiast gag about the assisted driving and parking abilities. however, one of the most underrated features which isnt highlighted in any circle is the Auto-Lock Doors. I've created a campaign to try and raise awareness for the amazing feature. Check out this link to watch a video demonstrating the great benefits. Thanks and any feedback would be great!
    Link: (auto-lock)

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I too think it is a great feature and has saved my bacon many times (NOTE: I don't actually leave bacon in my S).

I think it would be great to show how proximity works with respect to autolocking/unlocking

3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

This 'Feature' is prolific across cars and is in no way unique to Tesla. Personally I hate it and am glad you can turn it off in the S. If this car had been locked not only would you be out the golf clubs, but you'd be paying for a broken window too.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

do you realize that the car can be unlocked remotely?
    even if you lock your phone in the car a call to the mothership is all that is needed to get the car opened for you.

5. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Many cars have automatic door lock, so what new with this video?

- In fact I had bad experience of this by leaving my keys inside,
    while me or any of my passengers opened and close a door when parked.
    I was for example putting away some grocery out of my car and when I came back the car was locked.

- I since put a spare door key under one of my bumper, which saved me from calling a locksmith.

- I was thinking that you find a way to use the seat belt feature detecting if someone was sitting and did not buckle up?

In this case, it would be great to use this capability to detect if a bag, a pet, or a children is still seating inside the car
    while the car automatic lock get activated
    and send an alert on an App or trigger a horn or hight beam instead at night
    to alert the driver?