Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Jacksonville Supercharger" is likely going to be in Kingsland, Georgia.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the Savannah to St. Augustine and back over Christmas in my 60. It was easy but I averaged around 65 when I was averaging 75 up and down the east coast. This new Jacksonville charger is a sight for sore eyes for sure.

Nice! In the same amount of time it takes to cover 200 miles @65mph, you'd cover about 230 @75mph, so that's not too bad if it's just on one leg of a trip. How was the weather? Do you measure how many rated miles it ticked down?

Nice! In the same amount of time it takes to cover 200 miles @65mph, you'd cover about 230 @75mph, so that's not too bad if it's just on one leg of a trip. How was the weather? Do you measure how many rated miles it ticked down?

In Savannah the weather was slightly chilly but perfect once we crossed into Florida (72-75 degrees). Coming from the DC my KW usage was higher in the colder climate but once we got to Florida using the cruise control the car was very efficient. I used the energy screen and monitored it in average 5 mile intervals and adjusted my speed to keep my distance on track. I looked at how my buffer (35 miles in this case off of a 205 starting range) should deteriorate and adjusted my speed based on that. I usually arrive to superchargers with around 5-8 miles.

What is the most recent status of the Jacksonville supercharger? Taking a trip to Asheville, NC / mountains in late October. A year ago had only 2 miles left on my 60 (single charger) from St Augustine supercharger to Savannah with 3 people. Is there a local Jacksonville MS owner that has photos of site or construction status / completion date estimate? Otherwise I will stop in Brunswick,GA to charge with J1772 this time to add 30+ miles just in case or drive really slow 55-60. Larry, do you know status? This will be my first 500+mile (1 way) trip. Thanks.

What is the most recent status of the Jacksonville supercharger? Taking a trip to Asheville, NC / mountains in late October. A year ago had only 2 miles left on my 60 (single charger) from St Augustine supercharger to Savannah with 3 people. Is there a local Jacksonville MS owner that has photos of site or construction status / completion date estimate? Otherwise I will stop in Brunswick,GA to charge with J1772 this time to add 30+ miles just in case or drive really slow 55-60. Larry, do you know status? This will be my first 500+mile (1 way) trip. Thanks.

Hi George,

I'm sorry, but so far there have been no reports where the Jacksonville Supercharger Station is located or that Telsa has broken ground.

Regards,

Larry

Larry,
Thanks for the Jacksonville supercharger update. This location is really needed for 60 owners. Tallahassee location is really needed also. I hope that other planned superchargers on the Telsa map for 2015 get built soon to fill in the gaps when traveling, especially with a 60. As a backup, I am planning for at least two non-supercharger alternatives via plugshare along my route to NC.

Larry,
Thanks for the Jacksonville supercharger update. This location is really needed for 60 owners. Tallahassee location is really needed also. I hope that other planned superchargers on the Telsa map for 2015 get built soon to fill in the gaps when traveling, especially with a 60. As a backup, I am planning for at least two non-supercharger alternatives via plugshare along my route to NC.

Hi George,

Yes, in the short term it would be wise to plan on non-Supercharger alternatives.

I know that Tesla appreciates the points that you are making regarding the need to fill gaps for 60 or 70 kWh batteries. Tallahassee is an area where they have been scouting, but it has presented some challenges. I am confident that they will eventually be successful. Likewise with the Jacksonville Supercharger location. I am hoping that other Tesla activities in the Jacksonville area bode well for perhaps some movement with regard to the Jacksonville Supercharger.

Larry

I am making the same trip in late October as well. I would be lie if I am really hoping that AP and the Asheville SC is in place but then. Shoot I'd be happy if I get either.

Do you have a 60 or 85 kWh battery? Looks like the only quick charge option in Asheville is going to be CHAdeMo.

Kingsland GA Supercharger will make our next East Coast trip more enjoyable.

If you are traveling before the Supercharger is open. The Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
11 First Street North
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

is a nice place to stop for the night. They have two HPWC on site at the resort. It was quite pleasant to pull up for the night, unload luggage, plug in and have a full charge first thing in the morning.

Kingsland GA Supercharger will make our next East Coast trip more enjoyable.

If you are traveling before the Supercharger is open. The Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
11 First Street North
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

is a nice place to stop for the night. They have two HPWC on site at the resort. It was quite pleasant to pull up for the night, unload luggage, plug in and have a full charge first thing in the morning.

Good to know. I came down stopping at Savannah and St. Augustine just a few days ago. I'll probably end up taking the same way up but it's good to have options if you want to skip St. Augustine. I got lucky there at 9 pm, there was no traffic and the food court was open, so it was an easy stop for me.

Apparently there's going to be SuperChargers downtown located for the I-95 & I-10. Indication is that the location is Brooklyn Station on Riverside. No guarantees but my source is trustworthy (athough not a Tesla employee).

Anyone want to start permit searching? ;-)

Moderator Note:

Based on recent developments confirming the Kingsland, Georgia Supercharger Station, I am going to retitle this thread.

I will probably close the thread very soon since there is very little likelihood of another Supercharger Station being built in the Jacksonville area in the foreseeable future.

However, while this thread remains open please confine your discussions to a Jacksonville Supercharger and any discussion regarding the Kingsland Supercharger should be posted at Supercharger — Kingsland, GA.

Thanks.

Larry

Moderator Note:

Based on recent developments confirming the Kingsland, Georgia Supercharger Station, I am going to retitle this thread.

I will probably close the thread very soon since there is very little likelihood of another Supercharger Station being built in the Jacksonville area in the foreseeable future.

However, while this thread remains open please confine your discussions to a Jacksonville Supercharger and any discussion regarding the Kingsland Supercharger should be posted at Supercharger — Kingsland, GA.

Thanks.

Larry

Larry,

I just read an article this morning that provided some details about the showroom that's going to be built at the St. John's Town Center. From the article:

However, the city is reviewing building-permit applications for a 2,058-square-foot showroom and a charging station at 4663 River City Drive, space 109. Plans show the showroom location and the charging station behind it. The station is a conversion of parking spaces to an electrical vehicle charging area with six stations.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see the permits for the store and charging stations if you visit:

https://buildinginspections.coj.net/

and search for:

Address #:4663
Street Name: River City
Street Type: Drive
Unit: 0109

Perhaps this thread shall remain alive?! :biggrin:

Larry,

I just read an article this morning that provided some details about the showroom that's going to be built at the St. John's Town Center. From the article:

- - - Updated - - -

You can see the permits for the store and charging stations if you visit:

https://buildinginspections.coj.net/

and search for:

Address #:4663
Street Name: River City
Street Type: Drive
Unit: 0109

Perhaps this thread shall remain alive?! :biggrin:

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the information.

I think that it is likely the chargers are level 2. It could be both HPWCs to support the Store's operations and some generic chargers for shoppers with other EVs.

Regardless, I'll leave this thread open until we can confirm what is going on.

Larry

I think that it is more likely that the chargers are level 2 HPWCs to support store operations and maybe some generic chargers for shoppers with other EVs.

Regardless, I'll leave this thread open until we can confirm what is going on.

The news article mentioned parking spaces and charging stations, which is what led me to believe it was a Supercharger and not L2 HPWC. However, I know that sometimes news articles like these do sometimes publish misinformation. I think one article said the new Orlando store was getting Superchargers, someone confirmed they were not, and the story was subsequently corrected.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Jacksonville store will indeed have a Supercharger. I'd much rather Supercharge at the St. John's Town Center than at the St. Augustine outlets, as there are much better dining choices at the Town Center. I'll reach out to the contact in the permits and see what details he may have.

Last edited:
The news article mentioned parking spaces and charging stations, which is what led me to believe it was a Supercharger and not L2 HPWC. However, I know that sometimes news articles like these do sometimes publish misinformation. I think one article said the new Orlando store was getting Superchargers, someone confirmed they were not, and the story was subsequently corrected.

Hi Jorge,

Regardless of how the information is reported, or occasionally misreported, what we know for sure, without exception, is that Tesla stores install HPWCs to support their operations.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Jacksonville store will indeed have a Supercharger. I'd much rather Supercharge at the St. John's Town Center than at the St. Augustine outlets, as there are much better dining choices at the Town Center. I'll reach out to the contact in the permits and see what details he may have.

Yes, I keep my fingers crossed as well. With the increase in production Tesla will need to "backfill" between existing Supercharger Stations to stay ahead of congestion. Let's hope that this short spacing could be the beginning of such a strategy.

Thanks for your research efforts. If you confirm that there will be a Jacksonville Supercharger Station I would love to change the title of this thread again to reflect that happy news.

Larry