Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no need for long range when you have a charging network- thats the beauty of tesla; and having a home where you can plug in every night. We has range axiety when 1st bought but after 2 trips across country in dead of winter it was no big deal. the 75d was plenty

For you maybe.

For me, I would not touch a car with less than 400 miles range.

I am an EV old-timer, and I can remember when you couldn't buy any commercial BEVs (except a few overpriced NEVs, glorified golf carts), and people were doing homebrew conversions with lead-acid batteries because there was no other option, and they were getting maybe 40 miles range on a good day, if they didn't drive too fast and caught a tailwind.

I remember when groups like Plug-In Partners were agitating for car makers to produce a "plug-in hybrid" as a technological stopgap. They were doing conversion kits for the Prius just to prove the whole PHEV idea could actually work, but car makers didn't seem interested.

We've come a long way. Now I have the Model S LR+ with 402 miles EPA range, which is amazing. I suspect when fast charging is really proliferated, cars like this will actually seem kind of freakish. Most people won't even see the need for it.

no need for long range when you have a charging network- thats the beauty of tesla; and having a home where you can plug in every night. We has range axiety when 1st bought but after 2 trips across country in dead of winter it was no big deal. the 75d was plenty

Ridiculous hypothetical to clarify reason for disagreement:
Imagine if EVs had 1 million miles of range.
If you could charge your EV at home, would you ever use the charging network?

Even Tesla's fast charging network doesn't go into the rural areas, where I need to go for work. Even in the longest range Tesla, I would be able to get to where I'm going, but wouldn't be able to get back home.