Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is mine. This was the morning after I picked it up.

Attachments

• IMG_20191001_085939_exported_0_1571926706986.jpg
    IMG_20191001_085939_exported_0_1571926706986.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 106
This is the first time I've had a ceramic coating, highly recommend it - especially if you get a good value one like this (£400 with full prep and valet). The water just falls off the car when you start driving, and as I live in Wales I doubt I will need to actually wash the car too often! Added bonus is I don't need to use the suspect auto wipers, and generally just press the screen button twice to turn on my preset (slowest).
IMG_20191122_203203.jpg

This is the first time I've had a ceramic coating, highly recommend it - especially if you get a good value one like this (£400 with full prep and valet). The water just falls off the car when you start driving, and as I live in Wales I doubt I will need to actually wash the car too often! Added bonus is I don't need to use the suspect auto wipers, and generally just press the screen button twice to turn on my preset (slowest).
View attachment 480140
Can you please tell us the company that did that? Tempted. Thanks!

How does it look/feel to have the side windows tinted but not the rear/roof window? I'm undecided as to what to do about that enormous thing at the moment.
Also, did Crystal Clear do all of your work in one visit? How long did it take?
It looks fine to me, the factory roof tint already comes so low - and with the rake of the screen I think it is perfect as is. This tinter refuses to do the rear due to the risk of water damage to electrics, I know there are safe ways to do it but I wasn't fussed.

Yes, they did everything in one go, even touched up a scratch on the door for me (car was egged on first day of ownership, leaving scratches in the paint!) I left it with them for a week, but could have been done in 3-4 days typically. They said my MSM paint was actually pretty good, but very thin - 70 microns!

Thanks for the info. Egged on the first day? Harsh.
I haven't collected my M3P yet, so the idea of handing it over to someone for a few days is taking some getting used to. But it seems like a good idea to get it done early, particularly as I spend a fair amount of time among the egg-hurlers of Swansea.

Thanks for the info. Egged on the first day? Harsh.
I haven't collected my M3P yet, so the idea of handing it over to someone for a few days is taking some getting used to. But it seems like a good idea to get it done early, particularly as I spend a fair amount of time among the egg-hurlers of Swansea.
Welcome. It was a totally random event, some kids driving through village egging cars. Sure made me paranoid until the facts emerged!

Leaving your car is actually dead easy with the Tesla. Activate valet mode and get Teslafi (or at least a trial) :) of course, going back to an ICE car is... strange. On the plus side, it felt like delivery day 2. I drove the car for 2 months before getting the protection done.