Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Mystery of the Edit Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never had an edit button. Yesterday my configuration page changed from new page to even newer page following first contact with Inside Deliver Advisor. She is in Nevada. Newer page now contains MVPA and download links to Tesla mobile app.

I’m in NJ.
Reserved 7/17/2017
Invited 6/28/2018
Ordered 7/10/2018
RWD, 19” wheels, white
Est delivery #1 9/2018 - 11-2018
Est deliver #2 8/2018 - 10-2018
Email from Inside Deliver Advisor 7/26/2018
Email states car almost ready and they want to confirm everything is accurate so deliver is not delayed:
Payment: cash
Model 3 on insurance policy
Deliver location Springfield, NJ
No VIN on configuration page

The language in her email stated “The wait is finally over! Your Model 3 is almost here.” I replied back everything is correct. We’ll see what she comes back with. Judging by new activity, and language in her email, after 2 weeks of placing order, seems like it’s close to the end.

I need my edit button to go away already because I emotionally/mentally can't handle it. I've literally edited my configuration 10 times since my original order on June 28th. I could be stuck with literally any config and be happy with it, but with all this time to think about it, i keep changing my mind on what I want/need versus how much I want to spend and stuff like that. I seriously can't handle this... ha.

• Funny
Reactions: jsrawa and JTesmod3
I need my edit button to go away already because I emotionally/mentally can't handle it. I've literally edited my configuration 10 times since my original order on June 28th. I could be stuck with literally any config and be happy with it, but with all this time to think about it, i keep changing my mind on what I want/need versus how much I want to spend and stuff like that. I seriously can't handle this... ha.

Can you post the different versions you went through? 10 seems way too excessive

Can you post the different versions you went through? 10 seems way too excessive

It's definitely excessive...
My original build was this:
Model 3 Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-Coat Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium Interior
Premium Black
Enhanced Autopilot

I had then switched to AWD and dropped EAP because I wanted the faster version. Then I switched to 19s, and then back to RWD with 19s. Then to RWD and 18s (still no eap). Then (the day of my b-day), the white interior came out for AWD, so I went to Red, AWD, white interior, 18s. Yesterday I decided I didn't really need to pay essentially $5500 for a white interior (while I'd like the performance of AWD, I live in Texas, I don't need it), so I went back to RWD with 18s and second-guessed color and changed it to blue. Then this morning I waffled again back to AWD (and back to red). And finally I most recently decided on red, RWD, 19s, no EAP.

So I'm more or less back to where I started. I love having options, and I can justify any and every option, but then I see what my monthly payments would be and the difference between what I have now versus what I had with AWD and white interior was almost $100/mo difference, which of course seems like a lot. But when your payment is already around $800, is $80-100/mo that big of a difference anyway?

Yep, it's a mess.

• Funny
Reactions: jsrawa and njsrikar
So after having to decline my first Tesla (due to a move and change in delivery centers) my edit button just re-disappeared

6/13/18 Reserve
6/30 Config
7/10 Edit button disappeared (was always present prior)
7/11 ISA contact / realization delivery would be too late / edit button re-appeared
7/28 Edit button disappeared

So after having to decline my first Tesla (due to a move and change in delivery centers) my edit button just re-disappeared

6/13/18 Reserve
6/30 Config
7/10 Edit button disappeared (was always present prior)
7/11 ISA contact / realization delivery would be too late / edit button re-appeared
7/28 Edit button disappeared

Curious to know if you get an ISA contact soon. I’m in a same boat and am anxiously waiting for my edit button to re-dissapear.

When my edit button reappeared, the payment method (3rd party loan) remained yellow with fields open to be filled out with bank info. Is this the same in your situation?

Found this language in Tesla’s FAQ under the support page:

I just designed my Tesla and submitted my order. What are the next steps?
There is a three day window when changes can be made to your order before your vehicle design is submitted to the factory. The e-mail address and password used while configuring your Tesla will be your login for your Tesla Account. Here, you can continue to make changes to your design up until the end of your three day window. The Delivery Team will be in touch shortly after your order is confirmed to guide you through payment, document signing, and delivery logistics.

Furthermore:
Can I change my order after the three day waiting period?
Once your order has been submitted to the factory, changes typically cannot be made because we immediately begin sourcing parts for your custom Tesla. If we are able to accommodate a change request after the three day waiting period, a $500 fee will be applied per change.

There’s other interesting stuff in there.

Curious to know if you get an ISA contact soon. I’m in a same boat and am anxiously waiting for my edit button to re-dissapear.

When my edit button reappeared, the payment method (3rd party loan) remained yellow with fields open to be filled out with bank info. Is this the same in your situation?

Yes - loan details was always present after the initial ISA contact. I also still have the old config page.

I hear you, that edit button has caused me so much stress. I have been toying with switching my interior to white but I just can’t decide and I don’t know if I like it $1500 more. Then yesterday I saw a brand new blue S with white interior and I almost caved and changed my 3 to blue with white interior. Damn edit button.

I hope I didn't cause myself any problems with my order. I configured my AWD order on 6/27 and have been waiting for word. Today I made my "edit" button go away by changing from private loan to cash. It worked, but now I can't change back to a loan for the payment method. Anyone have experience with this?

I hope I didn't cause myself any problems with my order. I configured my AWD order on 6/27 and have been waiting for word. Today I made my "edit" button go away by changing from private loan to cash. It worked, but now I can't change back to a loan for the payment method. Anyone have experience with this?

I have experience doing the same thing. Changed to cash, thinking I could easily change back. I called Tesla and the phone rep said we can change that once contacted with a VIN and assigned ISA.