Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Mystery of the Edit Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on May 25, and still see the 'edit' option when switching the trade-in option back and forth. Have not received any calls or emails about delivery yet after almost 6 weeks. When I do try to edit my configuration, it says delivery in 3-5 months in the configuration page.

LR/RWD as well.
Solid Black w/EAP
Reserved 5/22/18
Ordered: 6/28

Wow ... existing Tesla owner? I'm not ... still waiting from early Apr 2016

I ordered on May 25, and still see the 'edit' option when switching the trade-in option back and forth. Have not received any calls or emails about delivery yet after almost 6 weeks. When I do try to edit my configuration, it says delivery in 3-5 months in the configuration page.

It looks like the local folks are being ignored :eek: When did you reserve?

Any further information on this? I'm a later reservation 7/2017, configured on 6/30 and completed all registration info.

Ordered a Midnight Silver LR AWD, Aero, and no auto pilot.

No trade, cash. No edit button. Changing back and forth from a trade or not does not restore the edit button. I don't want or plan to change anything, I just saw this thread and am now starting to get my hopes up.

I ordered on June 30th and received an email last night (July 2nd) from an inside sales advisor. Completed all the items needing completion. After getting approved for a loan from Tesla I’m changing from Tesla financing to 3rd party as Tesla’s rates were not as good as several other credit union options that are out there.

Just received a call from my advisor and delivery is scheduled for next Friday, July 13th :-/. I was hesitant to choose that day but what the heck.

config = RWD, Blue, Aero, EAP

• Funny
Reactions: Ludatik
I ordered on June 30th and received an email last night (July 2nd) from an inside sales advisor. Completed all the items needing completion. After getting approved for a loan from Tesla I’m changing from Tesla financing to 3rd party as Tesla’s rates were not as good as several other credit union options that are out there.

Just received a call from my advisor and delivery is scheduled for next Friday, July 13th :-/. I was hesitant to choose that day but what the heck.

config = RWD, Blue, Aero, EAP
If you don't mind sharing, what rate did they quote you, and what is your approximate credit rating? Also, what's the best rate you've found?
I'm looking at a 60 month loan and found Xceed has 2.75%. Also found this list of local rates, but most show higher on their actual web sites. I will probably try to get LightStream to beat the rate and go for an unsecured loan (and pay cash to Tesla).

Oh, and on topic, ordered 3P on 6/5 and still have edit button. Currently have Payment set to Tesla loan and Trade-In set to yes. Other stuff is green.

Talked to a Tesla rep today. No VIN for me. Haven’t had the edit button since 3 days after I ordered (06/29). But learned quite a bit....

Rep told me this:

1) Switch trade to yes, edit button came back on. Switch to no, edit goes away. He even did it for me.

2) if you make ANY changes, your delivery date will automatically delay 1 month on the system in terms of display, not actual delay. Said this is just an automatic result in the system, but not because it actually will take longer.
He said some people went to edit, didn’t make any changes, and would hit “update” instead of cancel, and their estimated delivery would delay by a month. Example , from “sept-Nov” to “oct-dec”. Seems they got many calls about this....

3) Said AWD just started production this week or very recently. I was debating changing from RWD to AWD. He said I won’t lose my place in line but it will delay based on AWD availability and confirmed RWD will be faster because it has been in production and continues to be while AWD just started.

4) Even if I made a change, my order date will stay the same. So I wouldn’t lose my pre-July order date hence lose the free premium data

5) Once I get a call with VIN, it means the car is built already, not that it is about to be built. If anything it’s just going through final testing etc, but that’s why they call with VIN because almost ready for delivery. Once called, they would at most take 2 weeks, but they don’t prefer to extend that either (I asked if posssible to delay if I can time it with a Fremont tour...)

6) Said the delivery estimated are very conservative, at least for RWD. So even though mine says delivery Sept-Nov, it will be sooner. But if I change to AWD, it will likely be correct.

I was told basically the same thing. I called to make a change so she unlocked the config by putting that I was doing a trade. She said the edit button means nothing about delivery, and that it's prob a few weeks still at least for a VIN. My only concern is the premium connectivity, as my new order confirmation shows yesterday as the order date now, not June 28th but I'm sure it will be fine.

Haha i think koflak is right but there seems to be a correlation. Anectodally it seems that if the edit button completely dissapears you will be contacted from ISA. Mine took a little longer than others but I got the email after about 4-5 days.

No, as I said above your reply, the agent on the phone said the Edit button means zip in terms of delivery. She said it goes away once all delivery profile fields are completed, and you can change your trade in options any time to flip the Edit button back on. My Edit button has been gone for 2 weeks and I was told on Friday the September to November timeline is mostly accurate.

No, as I said above your reply, the agent on the phone said the Edit button means zip in terms of delivery. She said it goes away once all delivery profile fields are completed, and you can change your trade in options any time to flip the Edit button back on. My Edit button has been gone for 2 weeks and I was told on Friday the September to November timeline is mostly accurate.

I think we have a better idea of what is going on than most agents.

What we are saying is when the edit button is gone completely (whether you switch the trade in option or not) and doesn’t come back, you likely have a VIN soon.

Just another data point to support the implication of the edit button disappearing. After configuring on 6/28, I completed most of the delivery info except for insurance and still had the edit button showing. Edit button disappeared about 3 days ago and today I received an email from my assigned ISA indicating production of my Model 3 was complete and delivery would be ‘soon.’ I ordered LR RWD, MSM, 18” wheels.

Reactions: Trevor B