TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The new text (SMS) to voice update feedback

Discussion in 'Model S' started by P100D_Me, Dec 30, 2019.

1. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Hi All,

Has this update been rolled out yet? If so does anyone with an MCU1 have it and does it work ok?
    I am still on 2019.32.2 (by choice) so if this new function works on my 'old clunker 2017' I will finally give in to the update nag and do it.

Thanks.

2. kdday

kdday Active Member

So far as can tell, and I track these things pretty closely, the mcu1 firmware with the new 2019.49.50.x features is not yet available.

Insiders tell me that yes, mcu1 will get sms reading functionality, but the firmware simply hasn't been sent to mcu1 cars from Tesla yet.

3. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

I haven’t come across a single report of a MCU1 car with this update. From what I can tell it doesn’t exist yet.

4. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

I tend to believe this, albeit without insider knowledge. I think if Tesla were going to skip out on the feature altogether for MCU1, we would have gotten the update with the rest of the fleet, just missing the feature (as is the norm these days).

5. Ken7

Ken7 Member

My phone app had a message that stated my MCU1 car would be getting the text update in the coming weeks. So I took that as a clear indication that MCU1 will get the update in some form.

• Like x 1
  6. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Ok thanks for the replies, I'll just wait and see what version it becomes active on MCU1 cars.