Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And my thanks to all who bought tickets, publicized in some way (especially you guys with the car stickers), badgered your neighbor or co-worker to buy a ticket, shared on social media, or just posted in this thread, drawing more attention to it! I thought from the start we'd sell out, but admit I had sincere doubts during the month of June.

Most of all thanks to Alan @Pollux who ate, breathed and dreamt this raffle for the past six months!

Good luck to all - I'm vacationing with family in Europe so don't think I'll stay up to watch the drawing.

We have momentum in MA and are starting to see it in other states. We can do this, and the Model 3 rollout starting later this month will help.

Are any of the winners active on here?

• GRAND PRIZE: Ticket #1344, Michael Fowler, Chicago, IL
  • 2nd place: Ticket #1925, Ann Campbell, Prosper, TX
  • 3rd place: Ticket #2047, Bill Ravanesi, Newton, MA
  • 4th place: Ticket #46, Tim Neumark, Falling Waters, WV
  • 5th place: Ticket #31, Brent Schorsch, San Jose, CA
  • 6th place: Ticket #1213, Abraham Farkas, Suffern, NY

Thank you so much @Pollux and everyone at Climate X Change for this opportunity. It was a lot of fun day dreaming about being able to own a Tesla and watching the gauge move higher and higher to then sell out! You've educated a lot of people about your cause and really helped push the Tesla brand to those who might not know what they do. You guys deserve a good break after this but hey, what do you say we reset that gauge back to 0 and keep this puppy rolling! ;)

You guys deserve a good break after this but hey, what do you say we reset that gauge back to 0 and keep this puppy rolling! ;)
Not that I want to spoil his surprise, but I think the slogan for the next raffle is "Giving away a car a day during the month of May" :eek::mad::rolleyes::)
Note the emoticons are my guess at the feelings @Pollux will experience in the first ten seconds after reading this post.

• Love
Reactions: Pollux and boofagle
This thread is just killing me! Didn't anyone notice post #682 from me this past Tuesday? (#682) Waaah! I thought I was being so clever, but surely everyone would notice...

Sorry to have had to force you to re-post the winner's list, @Trips, post 682 was supposed to forestall that.

@Half's emoticons will haunt my dreams tonight. :)

Apologies to all re Fowler's membership of TMC; I completely forgot to ask him. I'll try to remember to do so next time.

More on all this over in this thread: Carbon Pricing Raffle -- Three Tesla Prizes, Three Cash Prizes

Are any of the winners active on here?

• GRAND PRIZE: Ticket #1344, Michael Fowler, Chicago, IL
  • 2nd place: Ticket #1925, Ann Campbell, Prosper, TX
  • 3rd place: Ticket #2047, Bill Ravanesi, Newton, MA
  • 4th place: Ticket #46, Tim Neumark, Falling Waters, WV
  • 5th place: Ticket #31, Brent Schorsch, San Jose, CA
  • 6th place: Ticket #1213, Abraham Farkas, Suffern, NY

I don't know about TMC, but Ann Campbell is on the Model X Owners Facebook group. She said that she bought her ticket after I posted about the raffle there, in a reply to my original post.

Is there no raffle this year or did I miss it?

No you haven't missed it. We are just getting started on planning for this year's raffle. The timing will revert to that of the original 2015 raffle: kickoff in September, sales end December 31, and drawing likely after midnight to be in 2019 for tax purposes. We will create a new thread and post a link here.

@Pollux please chime in if I've gotten anything wrong.

OK everyone, I've been on the phone with @Pollux many times in the last week as we are pulling together the plan for Climate XChange's 2018 Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle (CPAR), to launch sometime in September with ticket sales through year end and the prize drawing in the early hours of 1/1/2019. We will start a new thread when we're ready to launch, and paste a link here.

Unfortunately the climate has not started improving on its own, though lots of Model 3s on the road will help. We need to continue Climate XChange's effort to price carbon not just in Massachusetts (where we had some recent success with the passage of a Senate bill: Senate Passes Carbon Pricing in an Historic Step for Massachusetts | Climate XChange) but in support of legislation in many other states. 2018 CPAR is a very important initiative for us, with three objectives in the following order:
1) Raise awareness about how carbon pricing can help address the problem of climate change.
2) Raise awareness about Climate XChange, and our research and education efforts in support of carbon pricing legislation in MA and other states.
3) Raise money to fund our efforts.

I'd like to continue this thread with some discussion as we plan for 2018 CPAR. Thanks to the hard work of Alan and many others, we've had two successful raffles, in September-December 2015 and April-July 2017. We want this one to be even better and more successful, so appreciate your input and ideas on topics like:

- How could we make the prizes better?
- What could we do to advertise and market the raffle better? Via what sites, forums, channels?
- How can we get some positive press coverage?
- Other ideas?

Thanks in advance - we'll incorporate the ideas that best fit with our plan and objectives.

Peter

Reactions: Cowby