Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The puzzle of the iPhone dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must've failed "puzzles" in third grade because I look at the collection of pieces and cables that came with my model S for the iPhone dock and I cannot figure out how to install it. Does anyone have good pictures of how it gets installed or what it looks like once it has been installed?

Thanks

If it's like the one on the Model X I had delivered last week, the SvC gentleman removed a fair number of "floor" parts, with his fingers - no tools, en route to routing the cable from guggle to zatch. Not complicated...if you know what you're doing. Good luck.

IMG_2390.JPG
Just make sure to hand thread the screws. Whoever tried to install mine cross threaded one, and then spun the piece it threads into in the plastic, so it was really tough to remove.

As stated, if you use a case on your phone the side guide pieces that snap into the side and bottom slots may not accept the phone. Also the phone may not slide down low enough to seat the power connector. There are a few threads here that have workarounds, but not helpful if using the guides. I wound up using a Dremel to plow out the plastic to sink the cable lower rather than cut part of the strain relief away.

Don't do what the picture shows :mad: