Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Seattle Area Needs More Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on Tesla, we're feeling a little unloved up here:

Plugshare showing Superchargers, same zoom level, centered on Seattle:
Screenshot_20160706-085214.png

2 Superchargers.

And Portland:
Screenshot_20160706-085256.png

8 Superchargers.

Dude... get a Chademo adapter:

View attachment 184187

I have one. I was one of the earliest vocal people asking for one on here years ago. Turns out it sucks.

It's big, heavy, burdensome to use. The Chademo stations are typically only single plugs. Heaven forbid someone else be there using it when you show up needing a charge or it's broken, which by the way seems to be the case all the time with the Blink ones. And then you have to deal with 4 different fobs and payment networks, or call in to activate it, which only works about half the time.

Suggesting Chademo is an adequate stand-in for Superchargers is like suggesting a Motorola DynaTAC is a fine stand-in for an iPhone.

From Vancouver BC we recently passed through Salt Lake City on our way to Phoenix. What a treat having a showroom with superchargers AND in the middle of the city! There was some forward thinking. Phoenix has superchargers well outside the city to be practical and we are reliant on finding destination chargers.

Reactions: ModelX
Denver (and Colorado in general) isn't exactly packed with 'em, that's for sure.

Well, you do have 3x as many in and around Denver as we do Seattle (6 vs. 2):
Screenshot_20160709-141540.png
Screenshot_20160709-141614.png

Not saying that's enough and that you couldn't benefit from more, but just noting that for some reason the greater Seattle area has SERIOUSLY lagged behind all other major metros. I'd like to see this addressed.

LOL.... Check your scale on that Colorado map... That's a LOT Of open space between charges in Colorado. I hear ya though. I guess if you think of the use case: "long trip charging" and not "convenience charging" then I guess the spread makes sense.

The ones in Denver don't make much sense if you ask me. One is at their showroom - which I get, so they can Demo the cars. The other is on the way to the airport - which if you know Denver, is WAY IN THE HELL OUT THERE IN KANSAS. There is literally no reason to be driving out there, unless you are going to the airport. So why that makes sense for a location for a SuperCharger, I have no idea.

I live in Boulder. We are probably one of the most uptight, green, Pro-EV, tree-hugginest, crunchy, granola cities around AND the home to Elon's Brother's flagship restaurant - The Kitchen - and the closest SuperCharger is almost 40 miles away. :p

I think they just don't want people using them for anything but long trips.

Reactions: ecrsail
LOL.... Check your scale on that Colorado map... That's a LOT Of open space between charges in Colorado. I hear ya though. I guess if you think of the use case: "long trip charging" and not "convenience charging" then I guess the spread makes sense.

The ones in Denver don't make much sense if you ask me. One is at their showroom - which I get, so they can Demo the cars. The other is on the way to the airport - which if you know Denver, is WAY IN THE HELL OUT THERE IN KANSAS. There is literally no reason to be driving out there, unless you are going to the airport. So why that makes sense for a location for a SuperCharger, I have no idea.

I live in Boulder. We are probably one of the most uptight, green, Pro-EV, tree-hugginest, crunchy, granola cities around AND the home to Elon's Brother's flagship restaurant - The Kitchen - and the closest SuperCharger is almost 40 miles away. :p

I think they just don't want people using them for anything but long trips.
the maps posted are the same scale. and for reference, the closest to seattle is 70 miles (to Burlington), the next closest is 90 miles (Centralia) and 110 miles to Ellensburg.