Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car looks great, I just saw a few people between here and Reddit having issues with the front struts leaking from the top and then just playing the waiting game with air demand to send them repair kits or replacements, not something I want to deal with on my daily driver.

Anybody have any input in regards to the 12v accessory wiring with the new lithium ion battery setup?
I had read some of that as well, but have not experienced that myself. Fingers crossed.

I got 12v constant power from the penthouse under the rear seat. That would be the same for the new or old 12v batteries. I got my switched 12v source from the trailer brake connector in the driver's side kick panel.

I had read some of that as well, but have not experienced that myself. Fingers crossed.

I got 12v constant power from the penthouse under the rear seat. That would be the same for the new or old 12v batteries. I got my switched 12v source from the trailer brake connector in the driver's side kick panel.

Is there a video guide on where that might be on a model 3 or does anyone know? Is it in the same location? Or is there a way to just have a hard switch that you flip to turn it off to avoid having to find somewhere with turn on ignition?

Thanks!

Is there a video guide on where that might be on a model 3 or does anyone know? Is it in the same location? Or is there a way to just have a hard switch that you flip to turn it off to avoid having to find somewhere with turn on ignition?

Thanks!
If you are going to use a switch, you could use the same source that you use for constant power. I don't know where the trailer braker plug is on a M3, if they even have one?!?

Thanks!

Here is my "kill switch" that draws power from the 12v accessory in the center console

20221017_213601.jpg

Can you wire to the 12V battery in the frunk and then just use a toggle / kill switch so it turns off the compressor but not the rest of the features of the car?

I wouldn't bother doing that - if you follow the instructions in peekay's video which has been posted multiple times, the car is inert when your door is closed. light brown wire for 12v switched under drivers kick or in the center console where you would put an OBD2 adapter and light blue 12v constant wire

I have had air suspension for a while now and I went through a 12v battery but it was overdue to be changed out. It lasted about 3 years. After I got the new battery I got some 12v low messages that went away. Recently my car went into limp mode with a BMS_a170 and BMS_a027. When I dropped off the car I was talking to the tech and he said there were many 12v low faults. They are charging a diagnostic fee since I have the air hooked up to the battery. TLDR has anyone seen issues with low voltage and air suspension? My auto on is hooked up to the cigarette plug in the center console and 3p screen goes off when the car sleeps. I wondering if the air setup is causing the issues here. I think my issue is stemming from the fact that the constant power for the air is connected directly to the 12v battery and it needs to be moved to under the rear seat and connected to the DC-DC converter. The power draw from the compressors coming on is probably kicking faults. Possibly I would also move my accessory power to the passenger kick panel or the OBD port under the rear vents. What are you guys thoughts as I am new to air and don't know a lot about this. Thanks.

question for the folks running UAS bags, what pressure is your ride height? I seem to be sitting around 130 front and 70 rear to get around a 27in FTG measurement all around.
I feel this is a bit high psi wise, I see some people saying 70psi is their front bagride height but I need at least 70psi in the front bags to start lifting the car off the ground!
My previous cars had a 50-70psi ride height, but were double bellow bags instead of the sleeve design UAS has.
I know I can adjust the collars to raise it but I feel I have it at the perfect setting so it lays the battery when slammed. curious what everyone else is driving at.

question for the folks running UAS bags, what pressure is your ride height? I seem to be sitting around 130 front and 70 rear to get around a 27in FTG measurement all around.
I feel this is a bit high psi wise, I see some people saying 70psi is their front bagride height but I need at least 70psi in the front bags to start lifting the car off the ground!
My previous cars had a 50-70psi ride height, but were double bellow bags instead of the sleeve design UAS has.
I know I can adjust the collars to raise it but I feel I have it at the perfect setting so it lays the battery when slammed. curious what everyone else is driving at.
Don’t compare any other brand to UAS. UAS needs a lot of air. 120/70 ish is ride height for me at ~28”