Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Value X": Order Placed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the wife says time for a new SUV. My brother having a MS made me a believer. Tesla was kind enough to provide us with a 2 day loaner and that really helped with the decision process. There's not many options that she was interested in. In the end the only additional item added was paint. Otherwise it's all stock and standard down the list. Her commute is 60 miles roundtrip daily. We live in the Chicago area and even considering the worst of winter weather there's no way I can see a 90% charge not working out.

Model X 75D: Midnight Silver Metallic: 20" Wheels: Black Textile Interior: 5 Seater: No EAP or FSD

Order placed 2/17. We are super excited to join the Tesla family.
Congratulations ... good choice on not selecting EAP/FSD, but you may want to rethink the Textile interior. :cool:

Why is delivery rescheduled or taken off the calendar? This is quite alarming...

I am not that concerned, it is what it is. Delivery notes from Tesla to the SC keep moving. The DA just suggested instead of blocking off another delivery date on both our calendars they're going to wait until the car has arrived into the Chicago rail yard. At that point they know the car is in the area and its safe to schedule the final delivery. June 9th was the last schedule delivery date. Just waiting now...

The delivery was late last night and it's raining today. So not many pictures yet, hopefully tomorrow! Very excited and overall very pleased with the delivery and the car. It's super fun to drive and really looking forward to many years with it. Fit & finish flawless. We had a loaner for 2 days for a test drive about 4 months ago. When we played around with those doors you could hear the motors open and close. Our X's doors are dead silent.

I know how I am, I'll spend the weekend going over the entire owners manual and messing around with the car. Can't say enough good things. Of course this community provided a wealth of information, which is great.

Two items:

1) The car was delivered on low air suspension and that's what the SC said was the default setting. I asked, isn't Standard... Standard? I was told not really, low is fine. So I'm a little unclear what the default setting is.

2) When driving the car like under 10MPH and I turn the wheel a large amount I felt a ever so light thump in the steering wheel. Not anything which concerns me.

Reactions: mongo and Spelly88
Low is the "standard" setting now, my Dec 17 delivery is the same. Apparently they aligned in low, this is an effort to avoid the shuddering issue. We have almost 8k on ours at this point, no shuddering on acceleration yet.

Words of advice, I bought our X knowing it was very likely I would be making some trips to service center for the common issues like fwd seals and sensors which has happened. Our X is actually in to replace sensors in fwd now due to the heat issue. I expect after this latest trip that our car will be problem free moving forward.

Some people let these minor issues seem like a big deal, they are no big deal. I look at the positive, we got to our 2-3k miles on loaner model S while ours was in for service.

Additional words of advice, you get better treatment when you treat people with respect and don't blow things out of proportion. My wife showed up to drop X off at service center and another owner (female) had shown up just before my wife. The otherness lady was losing her mind and being rude, my wife was polite and understanding. Guess who got the last model S loaner and was thanked repeatedly for being understanding?

Story brought a smile to my face, I hope it was one of the constant whiners now found on TMC that had to drive the ICE.

The long awaited pictures. Had the X in service for a couple days working on some minor issues; alignment, some cooling hose was rubbing on the steering column (fixed), fwd leak (ongoing), and minor detailing. Had some time this morning to wash, clay, wax... should be good through summer now. Seats are very comfortable. Love the car!

NeH7VZV9Tiu8wYGIO4RGUw.jpg bwyPPvo0SeO3M0fppUsL+A.jpg D1ilFG20T8KrzPqyDu2XrQ.jpg 504Rswi4SWm4U0I7srcTgg.jpg 0hdIhK+sQkGjVpdesz6GNQ.jpg X%n67%81QvSyyGKYfmDXfQ.jpg otPpMdw6TSeZgzpYxgrqFQ.jpg IoS0KkxpSyOZVBj4N38Sfg.jpg UV7UE8xwQJC6FJvbd8E6LQ.jpg qBrFnoNzTRKEh3eO58AFhA.jpg

The long awaited pictures. Had the X in service for a couple days working on some minor issues; alignment, some cooling hose was rubbing on the steering column (fixed), fwd leak (ongoing), and minor detailing. Had some time this morning to wash, clay, wax... should be good through summer now. Seats are very comfortable. Love the car!

View attachment 310400 View attachment 310401 View attachment 310403 View attachment 310404 View attachment 310405 View attachment 310406 View attachment 310407 View attachment 310408 View attachment 310409 View attachment 310410
Wow. Looks awesome! Those textile seats look better than I imagined. Congrats!

Reactions: Sonic_78
@Sonic_78 How’s the AC with keeping the car cool? I also got a 5 seater and have read not great things about it on here. I almost upgraded to 7 just for a second AC but didn’t want to spend the money.

It’s been hot here with heat index at or near 100 and humid. With the car set to 72 / auto the inside is quite comfortable. Kid in the back seat was chilly and put a blanket on during our little 5hr road trip this weekend. It’s pretty impressive how much the top tinted glass blocks the suns heat. No issue there!

Reactions: Spelly88