Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The woes of wrecking a Tesla Model 3 Performance...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated Timeline after receiving a call from the body shop: They stated that they did receive the parts and currently in the paint booth. Tesla managed to deliver crucial parts to the vehicle in just over a week and a half. Their supply chain process has DEFINITELY improved. The body shop said the car should be ready for pickup late next week.

Here's the timeline:
Aug. 21 - Accident
Aug. 26 - Insurance Estimate
Sept. 21 - Updated Insurance Estimate
Sept. 23 - Parts Ordered
Oct. 2 - Parts Delivered
Oct. 12 - Completed

*Actual | Estimated

Repair shop delayed the repairs another week last week, and then again today to next week. They stated the vehicle was in for paint 3 weeks ago, they had to order new parts they've forgotten to order which pushed it back to this past Tuesday for a completed reassembly. Today they stated that they're still reassembling it and pushed it back to next week again.

Tuesday the 22nd is the new scheduled pick up date.

Here's the updated timeline:
Aug. 21 - Accident
Sept. 23 - Parts Ordered
Oct. 2 - Parts Delivered
Oct. 22 - Completed

*Actual | Estimated

Last edited:
Repair shop delayed the repairs another week last week, and then again today to next week. They stated the vehicle was in for paint 3 weeks ago, they had to order new parts they've forgotten to order which pushed it back to this past Tuesday for a completed reassembly. Today they stated that they're still reassembling it and pushed it back to next week again.

Tuesday the 22nd is the new scheduled pick up date.

Here's the updated timeline:
Aug. 21 - Accident
Sept. 23 - Parts Ordered
Oct. 2 - Parts Delivered
Oct. 22 - Completed

*Actual | Estimated
I've been following along, and man... that column was just *asking* to get hit. IMO, the garage should be responsible for the repairs, as that column is *not* clearly marked as a hazard, and due to the visual field (even under clear sky conditions), it just blends in to the rest of the background. Really sucks that the sonar didn't give you enough time to react, too. Just a perfect combination of crap to end up with a wrecked car.

Got my fingers crossed for you that all the additional time is going to result with you getting a car that has been repaired completely, correctly, and with no squeaks. :D

Reactions: Ayy Eye
Update:
Received the car back yesterday, October 23rd, 2019. Two months after the accident.

Attachments

• A3212C65-AAB8-4B3A-A00A-C0CEC92BE999.jpeg
    A3212C65-AAB8-4B3A-A00A-C0CEC92BE999.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 77
  • D3D2464A-6EB0-48DB-AAD1-E5E12EF64607.jpeg
    D3D2464A-6EB0-48DB-AAD1-E5E12EF64607.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 59
Update:
Received the car back yesterday, October 23rd, 2019. Two months after the accident.

Looks good as new! To be fair to Tesla, the parts seemed to be ordered 9/23, and you got it back 10/23. 1 month total turnaround from part ordering to driving it away... seems almost reasonable, mostly on par with other vehicles.

Update:

Glad you got it back. What was the final total cost? I assume your rental coverage through your insurance ran out?

When I had my old STi repaired, which literally had a single front bolt-on quarter panel damaged, with no other damage, it took 3 weeks to complete that repair, for reference.

Looks good as new! To be fair to Tesla, the parts seemed to be ordered 9/23, and you got it back 10/23. 1 month total turnaround from part ordering to driving it away... seems almost reasonable, mostly on par with other vehicles.

Totally agree - believe it or not, the collision center said they receive Tesla parts within 3-5 days of ordering them from the Tesla catalogue. What holds up a lot of the work and takes time is the extinguishing of warning lights, which apparently is done through Tesla sending a software update signal to the vehicle for every light. It's weird.

Glad you got it back. What was the final total cost? I assume your rental coverage through your insurance ran out?

When I had my old STi repaired, which literally had a single front bolt-on quarter panel damaged, with no other damage, it took 3 weeks to complete that repair, for reference.

Total cost was around 16k. I paid the deductible of $500 and that was it. I did not have a rental, had my old car that I was selling the week of the accident (thank god I didn't sell it!).