Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is clearly something wrong with my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

Yup. After 3 weeks of ownership and being on the forums, my M 3 didn’t explode in a fireball of fire. After being on this forum for a while that’s what I should have expected. Ok let’s start.. there are zero rattles in my car, WTF? There have been consistent upgrades to the firmware …that have worked and if they didn’t work a 2 button reset fixes it. There are zero panel gaps and the car looks great. The sound system is phenomenal. I stream SiriusXM and it sounds great. Man what a nightmare this car has been. I love my car, and it has been simply awesome. I can’t think of anything else good about the car.

I could not be happier with my M3 and my Hope is that you all are just as happy. Thanks for listening.

From reading the forums, you'd think you are in the very rare minority. I don't know where reality actually is...

I took delivery on March 27th and for the most part my panels are pretty good... around one light it's big and on the drivers side the panels don't line up. Not a big deal at all. My car does suffer from the hissing/whirling sound posted on the forum though and that is really annoying. I bought a dreamcase bed for mine, but I won't be able to use it until the hissing sound gets fixed because when the music is off, it sounds really loud like someone hissing into your ear canal lol. Other than the hissing sound, my car is near perfect. No other issues with it. I love it and if Tesla can get it's operations together, Tesla will be the most successful, popular, beloved car maker in the world. I love mine and would never go back to my BMW, even with the operational nightmare I went through to get this car.

Yup. After 3 weeks of ownership and being on the forums, my M 3 didn’t explode in a fireball of fire. After being on this forum for a while that’s what I should have expected. Ok let’s start.. there are zero rattles in my car...

You mean, you got the wrong impression about what it would be like to own and drive a Tesla from browsing Internet Tesla forums?

Who woulda' thunk?;)

From reading the forums, you'd think you are in the very rare minority. I don't know where reality actually is...

I took delivery on March 27th and for the most part my panels are pretty good... around one light it's big and on the drivers side the panels don't line up. Not a big deal at all. My car does suffer from the hissing/whirling sound posted on the forum though and that is really annoying. I bought a dreamcase bed for mine, but I won't be able to use it until the hissing sound gets fixed because when the music is off, it sounds really loud like someone hissing into your ear canal lol. Other than the hissing sound, my car is near perfect. No other issues with it. I love it and if Tesla can get it's operations together, Tesla will be the most successful, popular, beloved car maker in the world. I love mine and would never go back to my BMW, even with the operational nightmare I went through to get this car.[/QUOTE

Yup. After 3 weeks of ownership and being on the forums, my M 3 didn’t explode in a fireball of fire. After being on this forum for a while that’s what I should have expected. Ok let’s start.. there are zero rattles in my car, WTF? There have been consistent upgrades to the firmware …that have worked and if they didn’t work a 2 button reset fixes it. There are zero panel gaps and the car looks great. The sound system is phenomenal. I stream SiriusXM and it sounds great. Man what a nightmare this car has been. I love my car, and it has been simply awesome. I can’t think of anything else good about the car.

I could not be happier with my M3 and my Hope is that you all are just as happy. Thanks for listening.
Lack of it going on fire is perfectly normal. I don't believe there has been even 1 reported incident of a Model 3 catching on fire yet.

Lack of it going on fire is perfectly normal. I don't believe there has been even 1 reported incident of a Model 3 catching on fire yet.

Not to mention ICE cars catch fire every day in accidents, it's just not news worthy. The media tries to make it seem as if you have a higher chance on getting burned alive in an EV, stats show this is not true. #fakemedia

Love our Model 3, just like a good bottle of wine, it only gets better as time passes with over the air updates. No other car in the world does that. The handling and acceleration are awesome. At some point in time we will reach a critical mass of Teslas on the road and everyone will know how good these cars are and everyone will want to own one.
Great response Doc!!

Reactions: RachH and Doctor X

Hell I think you should join a class action lawsuit against Tesla. Once again another new owner has been mislead! Seriously, there are a few of us out here that so far have had absolutely no real issues with our Model 3's. But be warned, if you are very vocal on this forum about what a great car you have you will be labeled fanboy and your opinion becomes not valuable because you are obviously a member of the cult! Check out my video about Tesla cult Whinners and Bitchers on my website, LennyDoesRants . Enjoy your car.

• Funny
Reactions: RachH and hcdavis3

So you’ve had it a whole 3 weeks and bypassed winter and you declare, what’s all the fuss about?

There are plenty of issues, some fairly serious that need to get resolved. Some with hardware and many with software that you WILL have.

And No ones 3 has exploded. I think you should be more respectful of those that have struggled through some real issues.

You probably jinxed yourself with that OP. LOL.

So you’ve had it a whole 3 weeks and bypassed winter and you declare, what’s all the fuss about?

There are plenty of issues, some fairly serious that need to get resolved. Some with hardware and many with software that you WILL have.

And No ones 3 has exploded. I think you should be more respectful of those that have struggled through some real issues.

You probably jinxed yourself with that OP. LOL.
It’s a joke man. My car has been great. Read these forums and the car is a nightmare. Lighten up. Have no sense of humor? Sheesh.

Hell I think you should join a class action lawsuit against Tesla. Once again another new owner has been mislead! Seriously, there are a few of us out here that so far have had absolutely no real issues with our Model 3's. But be warned, if you are very vocal on this forum about what a great car you have you will be labeled fanboy and your opinion becomes not valuable because you are obviously a member of the cult! Check out my video about Tesla cult Whinners and Bitchers on my website, LennyDoesRants . Enjoy your car.
Thanks Austin. I’m too new to all this to be a fan boy. But your point is very well taken and appreciated. Cult , what cult? Haha. Thanks again. Just trying to add a little levity. MSWLOGO has a good point too. Back to being serious. Have a a great evening to all.