Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They're here.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They couldn't change it. All Model 3 deliveries will be from London Heathrow for the considerable future. They told me the team down there have been trained on the delivery experience and they want everything to go smoothly.

We went down yesterday to collect from Heathrow. I have to say, the operation was slick...that staff we spoke to were keen, helpful, friendly. It was all done & dusted in less that 30 mins...probably would have been less but I had phone issues to begin with. (pairing to the car). Shout out to Harry & Ollie who were really great in handing over the car to us.

I never stopped smiling all the way back up to the Midlands. Awesome car. Just awesome. Stopped at Keele services to give it a supercharge boost..when we set off it had 278mi range...by Keele that was down to 100 miles. I was getting a bit twitchy, plus I wanted to test out the supercharger. After an initial newbie error of trying to plug an older 'S' style S/C cable into the 3, rather than the newer CCS cable, it was back to fully charged in less than 30 minutes. It's not 178 miles from West Drayton to Keele...but I had had one or two heavy foot moments on the M40, purely in the interests of science, of course. ;-)

The only thing I need to do now is acquire a Type1-to-Type2 connector cable, because my WallPod charger is old [never used, but old].

All told, a really memorable & great day. Just hope that everyone else who's lucky enough to be getting one of these in the near future has as much fun as we did yesterday. It has DEFINITELY been worth the wait.

We went down yesterday to collect from Heathrow. I have to say, the operation was slick...that staff we spoke to were keen, helpful, friendly. It was all done & dusted in less that 30 mins...probably would have been less but I had phone issues to begin with. (pairing to the car). Shout out to Harry & Ollie who were really great in handing over the car to us.

I never stopped smiling all the way back up to the Midlands. Awesome car. Just awesome. Stopped at Keele services to give it a supercharge boost..when we set off it had 278mi range...by Keele that was down to 100 miles. I was getting a bit twitchy, plus I wanted to test out the supercharger. After an initial newbie error of trying to plug an older 'S' style S/C cable into the 3, rather than the newer CCS cable, it was back to fully charged in less than 30 minutes. It's not 178 miles from West Drayton to Keele...but I had had one or two heavy foot moments on the M40, purely in the interests of science, of course. ;-)

The only thing I need to do now is acquire a Type1-to-Type2 connector cable, because my WallPod charger is old [never used, but old].

All told, a really memorable & great day. Just hope that everyone else who's lucky enough to be getting one of these in the near future has as much fun as we did yesterday. It has DEFINITELY been worth the wait.
Hi Plingy63. I've asked this before on different threads but I don't think I am satisfied with the answers provided so bare with me. How did you pay? I can't believe that you have to do a bank transfer on the day as that is fraught with problems and someone said they don't take credit cards. What did you do? I am picking up next week saturday and I don't have a final invoice yet.

Hi Plingy63. I've asked this before on different threads but I don't think I am satisfied with the answers provided so bare with me. How did you pay? I can't believe that you have to do a bank transfer on the day as that is fraught with problems and someone said they don't take credit cards. What did you do? I am picking up next week saturday and I don't have a final invoice yet.
is it just credit cards or do they not accept debit cards either? most of us don't have the credit limit on a credit card to use that anyway but debit card is how I paid for my last couple of cars.

Once I had their Final Invoice in my Tesla account, with their official sort code & account number details, I called my bank (48hrs before scheduled delivery appt) and arranged for an EFT bank transfer from me to them.
It took two hours to 'go through'.
The day before delivery appt, they called me to say they had received the money..so it was all systems go for a turn up on the designated date/time.

Once I had their Final Invoice in my Tesla account, with their official sort code & account number details, I called my bank (48hrs before scheduled delivery appt) and arranged for an EFT bank transfer from me to them.
It took two hours to 'go through'.
The day before delivery appt, they called me to say they had received the money..so it was all systems go for a turn up on the designated date/time.
You are right (of course). I was reluctant to call because of all the horror stories I've heard but I was only on hold for about 4 minutes. I was told that I ould NOT pay with credit or debit card. Bank transfer only as stated by other users. They said I should get incvoice by 7 days before delivery. I could then take to my bank who will tranfer the money across. I called my bank (LLoyds) and they said yes they could do this all in one payment with an invoice. Thanks for the reply. i hope you are anjoying your car... well, I am sure you are.

Reactions: Roy W.
So I'm financing, reserved 02 April 2016, placed order about 5 minutes after it went live in May 2019. Red LR,White interior.

Finance approved this week pending VIN, now waiting for next steps. Crushing grapes...

I assume I pay my ~30% down via bank transfer and rest is sorted via finance...