Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They're here.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely should come via the website post login, or the app post login.

Probably a few 1000 people in the UK that would fall for a good looking 'congratulations your pick up date has been set to xx/xx. Please send me £50k at this Nigerian bank number' emails next week once the first deliveries hit the news.

I tried to transfer the final balance yesterday but my bank blocked it. They said I have to go into a branch with photo ID to complete the transfer. Then it got me thinking...I was about to pay a substantial amount of money for a product I haven’t even seen, to a bank account I have had communicated to me via email! What the hell am I doing? I paid for my last Car with a damn debit card. Upon collection of course(and a test drive but I’ll let that go)

My collection for tomorrow is at 2pm. I will check out the vehicle, double check bank details then go to the nearest bank to make the transfer. Simples! If it means returning to collect, so be it.
My current plan is to walk into my local branch to make payment once I get my final invoice.

All banks follow AML rules, so transferring any sizeable amount of money is going to need extra verification. Some banks can do this remotely (mine just wants a selfie through their app). Others require you to go in with a passport or similar.

It's wise to know your own bank's limits and procedures before tesla actually ask for the money.

Reactions: -DB-
Nope, only the order agreement and collection details

I would not make payment without an invoice. Even if all legit and admin-cockup that you don't have one I would still insist on that document

<adds to long list of dumb-Tesla things>

Tesla (unless/until they change how they work) are not going to let you walk in, inspect the car, and then pay. Like many other "dealer-style" things, they just don't work that way. On this matter I don't know why, but my guess would be because of the way American banks work (or "don't work efficiently") ...

Either way if there are minor paint defects etc. on collection Tesla want: Vehicle already paid for, sort it out later at service visit and not "Customer declines the purchase for another day"

That info (about the original 300 batch being split across different ships) was anecdotal I believe although it looks realistic given the pattern of the first UK deliveries. Worth following @model3vins and @mortenlund89 on twitter who track VIN registrations and ship movements respectively.

F169495C-874C-49E6-90A1-56C56DB1EA36.jpeg
actually they are all here

60 collections apparently today

Yes. Registered with the NHTSA in the US for recall purposes.

As I understand it from various Facebook groups, around 50 deliveries today, probably the same tomorrow, and then the rest of that initial 300 probably delivered 28th/29th at various locations judging by delivery texts in various FB groups.

I'd suggest that if you haven't got a delivery appointment confirmed by the end of this week, then (like me) you aren't in the first 300.

I'd also debate that "100s" is a huge number, given there are 1,000s of orders outstanding. Based on available information* my guess** is that the next set of deliveries won't be until the very end of July at least, if not August.

That's still (at time of writing) looking like a maximum of 1,000 cars(***). I'd expect 500-1,000 cars to come in fortnightly after that from end of July till mid September until backlog is dealt with.

[*] VIN registrations & ship tracking info
[**] An educated guess, but a guess all the same. Yes, I could be wrong, but I think it's unlikely enough that I'm servicing and replacing tyres on my current car in the meantime because it won't last until August
[***] All the outstanding RHD VINs they've registered + difficult for UK delivery centres to handle much more than that I would guess

Reactions: navt
Based on available information* my guess** is that the next set of deliveries won't be until the very end of July at least, if not August.

I had a voice-call arranging a mid-July handover date, and I have a VIN (in source). might not happen of course, but that is in addition to "those who had an End June appointment"

I'd expect 500-1,000 cars to come in fortnightly after that from end of July till mid September until backlog is dealt with.

if they made any RHD at all in June. For end Q2 Tesla were hell bent on shipping "sale finalised" cars, a car made in June could not get to UK and be sold by end Q2 ... so quite possible they only made USA/CA cars in June (well, until June became "to late to complete a sale in USA")

That may translate into a dearth of RHD (indeed, "All Eu") vehicles in August. July delivery vehicles were probably already made in May.