Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT GAS VEHICLES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

3) NO FUNCTIONIG PUMPS-2-3 pumps are down, so more line ups and frustarion.

4) DEBIT OR CREDIT TRANSACTIONS DOWN-sorry cash only = MORE LINE UPS

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y
pump on wrong side.jpg
ears ago first.

Oil changes, coolant flushes, transmission fluid replacement, timing belts, fuel injectors, spark plugs, rear diff grease, various belts & hoses, engine air filters, gas stations & prices, PCV valves, emissions testing, higher emissions, brake rotor/pad replacement every 50K or less, starter replacement, alternator replacement, complex transmission…
I hear ya brother-ice cars are a cash grab that never ends

Unless you value your paint

Never had a problem with the rubber hoses messing up the paint.

You can have it, but I'll never go back to the ICE ages. Definitely nothing wrong with charging at home.

You misread my post. I was not advocating ICE vehicles.. I was just saying that the complaint about people using the "wrong side" of a gas pump is not a valid argument.

Reactions: AMPd and zoomer0056
Yeah, definitely don't miss gas stations and messy maintenance tasks that eat up weekends. I like working on stuff, but not when I have to in order to get to work the next day.

That said, I do miss not having to worry about "where am I going to charge?" when staying somewhere else, especially at the in-laws' place. They only have a 5-15 available, no room in the panel for another breaker, they won't let me put in a subpanel to expand, and hiring a pro to do it is too much money. I wind up using the Chargepoint L2 a mile away.

But certainly at home, nothing beats plugging in every night...

1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had yView attachment 999364ears ago first.
I love it more when the ICE’s complain the grid is going to go down with all the EV vehicles charging. Simply reply we both will be sitting in the dark.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had yView attachment 999364ears ago first.
Too much wetness
Coolant
Oil
Person visits you and leaves a stain on your driveway

I love it more when the ICE’s complain the grid is going to go down with all the EV vehicles charging. Simply reply we both will be sitting in the dark.
If power goes out those gas pumps or debit machines all require electricity. A lot of people say “ya but what do U do when yr car runs out of electricity”—-same thing when U run of of gas. Fill it B4 it gets too low, I look at the percentage-if it’s low I charge it.

Reactions: karlos22
TV news spewing “TESLA RECALL 1000,s cars”—-boom over the fix in a few days. No waiting for an official letter, no making an appointment MONTHS in advance at dealership then leaving yr car for hours while u wait in lounge.
Lounge? What’s that? 😂
My local SC has a dodgy table with a coffee pod machine. I used it once while they rotated my tires, but usually I take the free Uber home and come back later once I get the notification.

Lol @ incumbent car manufacturers, they are pathetically antiquated. 40km in and not a cent spent on servicing so far other than cabin filter and tire rotation!