Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things That Tesla Has Fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think my previous two cares with Surround View had "nose cameras". They DID have sonar proximity sensors, so may be they used those for low objects. But the bulk of the info for the 360 view apparently came from the side mirror cameras, the backup camera, and the windshield-mounted front camera.

I had a car with top down view, and it had a nose camera but not ultrasonic sensors.

But recent Model 3 has neither.

I think that the progression of the blind spot camera is Tesla at its best.
Didn’t have it when I bought the car….then it appeared but was difficult to see because of my hand on the wheel blocked it…then they let you move the image to a more natural position…then the image dramatically improved…and now we have a red curtain.
Each evolution has added utility until now it’s very useful…hopefully increasing the size of the image is on the drawing board
The blind spot warning is better than nothing, but personally I only find it useful as a quick check before starting the manoeuvre, then I look at the mirrors and do an over the shoulder check. It’s really easy to get fooled by that screen and the middle of your car isn’t the best place to be looking when changing lanes.

Reactions: DocHolliday
The blind spot warning is better than nothing, but personally I only find it useful as a quick check before starting the manoeuvre, then I look at the mirrors and do an over the shoulder check. It’s really easy to get fooled by that screen and the middle of your car isn’t the best place to be looking when changing lanes.
Especially true when merging/changing lanes to the left. I keep the blind spot cameras enabled as that's an easy way to tell myself that I've left the blinker on :) .

Reactions: primedive
Absolutely…always use your mirrors and turn head especially if it’s a multi lane highway and cars could merge into the lane you want to enter….every gadget on a Tesla is a safety feature but you must always be fully alert and vigilant

The red blind spot warning on the camera view is an improvement but it needs an audible warning tone so it would not be necessay to look at the screen.

Sometimes we complain about things here that are eventually fixed. This is a thread for listing those things.

For example, we've complained that you can't turn off Auto Wipers when on FSD or Autopilot. Now you can.

I haven't heard as many complaints about phantom braking. Fixed? Better?

I vaguely remember major complaints about the icons in the interface, all fixed.

What else?
11.4.9 - 2023.44.30.8 - 2022 MYLR Wipers still don't work, randomly dry wipe and randomly don't detect even heavy rain.
Phantom braking - Much worse than 2 years ago. Has steadily increased to include; meeting vehicles on 2 lane undivided road, brake to a full stop and automatically shifting to Park; braking because of shadow on road of bird flying overhead, braking because of skid marks on paved road, braking for heat mirages, etc.
Other things include; can't drive south in the morning or north in the afternoon because the sun prevents stuff from working, service response is for me to reschedule my business so I can get where I need to by driving north in the morning and south in the afternoon and / or wait for a cloudy day!

Demerits my safety score for following too closely because of waiting in line at Burger King. Service solution - stop eating at Burger King or use inside pickup instead of drive through. (I could upload the service responses.)

None of these seem like reasonable solutions to me and demonstrate the total indifference of Tesla. I am convinced the Tesla is forcing customers to move to customer "self-service" - kind of like department stores force their customers to scan their items and check themselves out. Since they have made the service manuals available to owners, I get the reasons for doing this and think it might possibly work out - and if it does, what a wonderful improvement to not have to rely on dealers for service!

Pretty much fixed as a result of FSD beta stack being used for all AP modes in some form.
Is phantom braking broadly fixed or randomly, like auto wipers?

Last time I tried TACC on surface streets (at least FSD is supposed to work there), it'd brake suddenly when passing ("undertaking") a car that's slowing/waiting in the adjacent left turn lane.

The red blind spot warning on the camera view is an improvement but it needs an audible warning tone so it would not be necessay to look at the screen.
I could have sworn it has had an alarm for a very long time. If you try changing lanes and it "senses" a car there it will make a noise.

It's not something I've experienced in years because I try to make it a habit to not move into lanes that are occupied. I'm old school, I still look over to the side and window.

Is phantom braking broadly fixed or randomly, like auto wipers?

Last time I tried TACC on surface streets (at least FSD is supposed to work there), it'd brake suddenly when passing ("undertaking") a car that's slowing/waiting in the adjacent left turn lane.
Phantom braking decidedly not fixed in my car. It’s as bad as it ever was in my 2018 M3LRRWD.

I could have sworn it has had an alarm for a very long time. If you try changing lanes and it "senses" a car there it will make a noise.

It's not something I've experienced in years because I try to make it a habit to not move into lanes that are occupied. I'm old school, I still look over to the side and window.

I believe that is the collision avoidance. It happened to me once while changing lanes. The alarm went off and my car actually pulled itself back into my lane.

I was thinking more of an audiblle warning that would sound if your turn signal was on and a car was in the blind spot; the same way the red tint feature works.

I believe that is the collision avoidance. It happened to me once while changing lanes. The alarm went off and my car actually pulled itself back into my lane.

I was thinking more of an audiblle warning that would sound if your turn signal was on and a car was in the blind spot; the same way the red tint feature works.
Yes, and a loud startling sound like when I'm backing out of my garage and it thinks I might hit the shrubs next to my driveway.