Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things That Tesla Has Fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes we complain about things here that are eventually fixed. This is a thread for listing those things.

For example, we've complained that you can't turn off Auto Wipers when on FSD or Autopilot. Now you can.

I haven't heard as many complaints about phantom braking. Fixed? Better?

I vaguely remember major complaints about the icons in the interface, all fixed.

What else?

Reactions: mgs333 and fholbert
Sometimes we complain about things here that are eventually fixed. This is a thread for listing those things.
Good idea for a thread. I’d say a lot of issues were resolved or at least improved. With some, the whining will never stop.

Adding waypoints to navigation.
That would be nice. Would that be a Tesla thing or a Google Maps thing? WAZE did that and I used it a few times, but I wouldn’t take my MY on those roads.

Instructions or it's not true!

Can't tell if we're joking or not. 🤷

1709694969457.jpeg

Headlights were pretty bad at one point flashing people , seems they fixed that issue.

They purportedly fixed the dual HVAC blower zones with Highland, not sure what the limitation is with the older version, as it seems to be able to do it, just not accessible in the UI if I understand correctly.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: primedive
Sometimes we complain about things here that are eventually fixed. This is a thread for listing those things

👍🏽 I started listing some in another thread.

* When the spouse and I walk up to the car, it picks the right driver profile pretty much always now. I don't know if they got it to detect the phone nearest the driver's door when that door opens, or just stick with the last profile when there are two phone keys near, or something else.
* A useful form of blind spot indicator (and an even better form on Highland) and of course a useful side camera view that's moveable.
* Color corrected camera views. I can see the vehicles in these views ~3x faster now!
* 1 pedal mode now provides consistent deceleration even when it can't do it via regen.
* A way to adjust wiper speed and more using physical buttons (the left thumb wheel). It can take glances at the screen but it's much better than tapping the screen.
* Swipe up from a forgivingly large area to open the HVAC controls.
* Optional buttons on screen for defog & defrost.
* Walkaway lock lets you pick a sound that stands out from the din and that you can hear from enough distance. (The only toy / game that matters.)
* Nav features making ABRP less needed.
* Tapping an alphabet letter in the USB songs list now jumps to the first such song instead of roughly somewhere near there.
* Pressing on the driving visualization no longer zooms out to a weird POV.
* The driving visualization shows useful path & USS distance info while backing up and turning.
* Scrubbing through sentry video (finally).

Fix? I'll never understand why Tesla didn't just enable surround view using the multiple existing cameras instead of that weird "AI" view of blobs of grey mass to indicate obstacles. Better than nothing, but not as good as most.

This was a couple years ago, but Bluetooth audio won’t automatically connect and start playing until you were sitting in the seat.

It was cringy whenever my phone calls would begin broadcasting to the world as soon as I opened the car door. Small thing but Tesla fixes a lot of small things that feel like big things :)

Reactions: Transformer
When the spouse and I walk up to the car, it picks the right driver profile pretty much always now. I don't know if they got it to detect the phone nearest the driver's door when that door opens, or just stick with the last profile when there are two phone keys near, or something else.

There's a setting in driver profiles for which driver is the "primary". Most likely this is why it's working this way.