Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things That Tesla Has Fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see this. Please say more.

Or maybe you're thinking of each driver profile's preferred Bluetooth device for that driver to use for streaming audio, phone calls, and text messages?

Hmm... the gold star? I thought that was for setting which driver / device is priority. Mine is starred and when we go out to the car together my profile is consistently selected.

Hmm... the gold star? I thought that was for setting which driver / device is priority. Mine is starred and when we go out to the car together my profile is consistently selected.
Speaking of fixes, this part of the UI needs fixing.

There's a gold star on the Bluetooth Settings screen, as shown and described on Not A Tesla App:

Tesla Priority Device: Having Your Tesla Connect to the Correct Phone
You can select a device that your Tesla will connect to first

Here's where you can make the connected bluetooth streaming device also be the current profile's "Priority Device". [I was wrong with the term "preferred device".]

> If the vehicle incorrectly determines the closest phone to the vehicle, then it will select the wrong Tesla Profile and consequently, the wrong Bluetooth device to connect to.

> Your key fob or phone key is associated with a given Tesla Profile, which can then have a Bluetooth device that it will try to connect to first.

I no longer have to double tap to turn off one blinker and turn on the other. I just noticed this in the past week. This is a significant improvement IMO, mostly because requiring the double tap was so stupid. Now the turn signal stalk (finally) works as expected.

I do not have "auto cancel" enabled because it is worse than useless where I live. I'm glad we have the choice to turn it off.

One stalk press to enable FSD was a nice change.
Respectfully disagree. I tried it when it came out because I use autopilot every day. The problem is, when I change lanes and AP disengages, the car immediately slows down unless you get on the accelerator. I reverted back to double press because cruise control stays on with a lane change and there isn't the immediate deceleration.

Respectfully disagree. I tried it when it came out because I use autopilot every day. The problem is, when I change lanes and AP disengages, the car immediately slows down unless you get on the accelerator. I reverted back to double press because cruise control stays on with a lane change and there isn't the immediate deceleration.
Same. Also, the "continuous autopilot" feature of S3XY Buttons is just fantastic, and it only works if you use the original double press to engage AP. OTOH for people who prefer the single press, I'm glad they have that option now.

Reactions: CCopperpot
👍🏽 I started listing some in another thread.

* When the spouse and I walk up to the car, it picks the right driver profile pretty much always now. I don't know if they got it to detect the phone nearest the driver's door when that door opens, or just stick with the last profile when there are two phone keys near, or something else.
* A useful form of blind spot indicator (and an even better form on Highland) and of course a useful side camera view that's moveable.
* Color corrected camera views. I can see the vehicles in these views ~3x faster now!
* 1 pedal mode now provides consistent deceleration even when it can't do it via regen.
* A way to adjust wiper speed and more using physical buttons (the left thumb wheel). It can take glances at the screen but it's much better than tapping the screen.
* Swipe up from a forgivingly large area to open the HVAC controls.
* Optional buttons on screen for defog & defrost.
* Walkaway lock lets you pick a sound that stands out from the din and that you can hear from enough distance. (The only toy / game that matters.)
* Nav features making ABRP less needed.
* Tapping an alphabet letter in the USB songs list now jumps to the first such song instead of roughly somewhere near there.
* Pressing on the driving visualization no longer zooms out to a weird POV.
* The driving visualization shows useful path & USS distance info while backing up and turning.
* Scrubbing through sentry video (finally).
I’ve actually turned off blended braking as I want to know when the brakes are being used and how much regen is actually available. can adjust my own behavior or use the brakes myself if need be. Then again I came from driving a manual transmission so I like a little more control. Agreed on the rest, many of the other behaviors have improved, although I still get dry wipes. 😭

Fix? I'll never understand why Tesla didn't just enable surround view using the multiple existing cameras instead of that weird "AI" view of blobs of grey mass to indicate obstacles. Better than nothing, but not as good as most.
The lack of a nose camera makes it hard to render low objects like curbs, small dogs, and another car's bumper directly in front of the car accurately in a top-down view.

although I still get dry wipes. 😭

I sometimes make wild guesses about emojis but that one cannot be the "dry wipes" emoji.

The lack of a nose camera makes it hard to render low objects like curbs, small dogs, and another car's bumper directly in front of the car accurately in a top-down view.

Yes, but a 270° surround camera view would still be good, if not quite "super good."

I don't think my previous two cares with Surround View had "nose cameras". They DID have sonar proximity sensors, so may be they used those for low objects. But the bulk of the info for the 360 view apparently came from the side mirror cameras, the backup camera, and the windshield-mounted front camera.

In a recent update, they seem to be better at wiping when there is light rain, but are more prone to wiping when there is nothing.
My gripe with rain-sensing wipers (on all the cars I've had, not just Tesla) is that light rain fools them. If the droplets build up slowly, the sensor (or camera, or whatever) just doesn't react to the change until the windshield view is really compromised or I do a manual wipe. Oddly, after that they wipe vigorously. This just happened to me a couple days ago, when I finally had to do a manual wipe, after which the wipers went wild.

I think that the progression of the blind spot camera is Tesla at its best.
Didn’t have it when I bought the car….then it appeared but was difficult to see because of my hand on the wheel blocked it…then they let you move the image to a more natural position…then the image dramatically improved…and now we have a red curtain.
Each evolution has added utility until now it’s very useful…hopefully increasing the size of the image is on the drawing board