Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Think it’s totaled?

Totaled?

• Yes, total loss.

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Repairable.

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know y’all hate these posts but I’m curious as you what you guys think.

I recently got involved in a crash with my 2022 Model Y performance in San Francisco.

I believe my my control arm has snapped, along with some other damage to my suspension.

Attachments

• AFBC6450-A9D1-4019-8534-73A0453C9635.jpeg
    AFBC6450-A9D1-4019-8534-73A0453C9635.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 343B90EE-AFD7-4170-8854-26FB245D237C.jpeg
    343B90EE-AFD7-4170-8854-26FB245D237C.jpeg
    602.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 2940B3BB-15C6-49F7-84D4-CAD56564A848.jpeg
    2940B3BB-15C6-49F7-84D4-CAD56564A848.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 55A077E7-6878-42E6-973D-3C8C6FAF817D.jpeg
    55A077E7-6878-42E6-973D-3C8C6FAF817D.jpeg
    688.2 KB · Views: 194
Nope. That looks easily repairable for certainly less than the car is worth. Should be good as new when it's done.
Thank you! I hear a lot of mixed opinions about insurers easily filing for a total loss due to potential liability that may come down the road. I wouldn’t mind if was a total loss at this point. Mainly curious because I know I’ll be awaiting for a while due to the holidays. It looks like there is significantly damage but it’s all relegated to the passenger side.

You are in California, so the adjuster will determine the salvage value at auction of your car in its current condition + the cost to repair. If that value exceeds the appraised value of your car just prior to the accident, they will deem it a total loss.

I've seen cars with hardly any damage at all declared a total loss because salvage auction values were so high.

Reactions: Claude Martin
I know y’all hate these posts but I’m curious as you what you guys think.

I recently got involved in a crash with my 2022 Model Y performance in San Francisco.

I believe my my control arm has snapped, along with some other damage to my suspension.

look liked mission district?

i Heard a stolen mini bus hit liked 10+ park car there a few nights ago. Hope it wasn’t yours.

It's impossible to tell how much damage just from looking at pictures of vehicle. It needs to be torn down and a proper inspection done as to what will be required to restore it. Especially in this case because it looks like there's damage to the underneath of the vehicle.

It's impossible to tell how much damage just from looking at pictures of vehicle. It needs to be torn down and a proper inspection done as to what will be required to restore it. Especially in this case because it looks like there's damage to the underneath of the vehicle.
Yeah, it’s In a shop now but it’s backed up due to holidays. My insurer quoted 9k in damages for their initial adjustment which I believe will significantly increase.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The two big crush bars are not impacted going by these pics...
What are the crush bars?
You are in California, so the adjuster will determine the salvage value at auction of your car in its current condition + the cost to repair. If that value exceeds the appraised value of your car just prior to the accident, they will deem it a total loss.

I've seen cars with hardly any damage at all declared a total loss because salvage auction values were so high.
Yeah, I have heard about the high salvage value. I’d prefer to not deal with the headaches and have it listed as Total Loss.

What are the crush bars?

Yeah, I have heard about the high salvage value. I’d prefer to not deal with the headaches and have it listed as Total Loss.
See the impact protection pointer? That bar (one on each side) the extends out from what would normally be the engine bay. Those are crush bars which are built to be replaced. If those haven't been used up, the crash is not "too" bad.

tesla-model-y-safety-ratings-1_feature.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Yeah, it’s In a shop now but it’s backed up due to holidays. My insurer quoted 9k in damages for their initial adjustment which I believe will significantly increase.
Yeah I had a car accident in a rain storm July of 2006. Adjuster said $7,200 in damages. 5 months and $18,000 later they declared it a total loss. The insurance company spent 18k trying to repair then had to turn around and pay me 35k for the total loss.

That was a nightmare to deal with. There was underbody damage and they kept finding more and more things wrong.

Reactions: Claude Martin