Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about joining legal action on recent massive price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla really screwed over their earliest (and richest) customers with all the recent price drops. I guess it's a lesson learned to everyone. Lease, don't buy!

Yeah will have to go back and look at assumptions when I compared leasing to buying, but at the time for the S and the X there was a $40k total advantage to buying. Guess that won’t still be true :(

Tesla really screwed over their earliest (and richest) customers with all the recent price drops. I guess it's a lesson learned to everyone. Lease, don't buy!
Doesn't always work.
Lease payments are based on purchase price. Leasing when prices are high limit your flexibility. You can be stuck with a high lease payment for 3 years instead of a high loan payment that you can get out of by selling the car before prices drop (I know....Crystal Ball stuff) or at least selling/trading in when technology goes up and price comes down.

What a hilariously silly notion.

Cars drop in price. Cars based on emerging technologies drop in price much faster than gravity alone. The idea you’re owed a financial/legal remedy because you don’t understand this is laughable.

Which law do you suggest Tesla broke?
We live in new reality where electric cars like computers back in 80s 90s will see price drops. Some may be significant. It won’t stabilize for a while. Early adopters (like myself) get to enjoy the trill of new features and capabilities earlier.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Typically you do pay more being an early adopter. Why would you expect to get something cheaper when you want to be first?? People lined up at stores to be first, not to get a good deal. There was never an expectation of getting a good deal. I ordered my current car (not a Tesla) the day it was announced (months before it was released) and I paid a premium for it. A few months after I took delivery and dealer lots were saturated, my friend was able to buy the same car for $5-6k cheaper. That's usually how it works. Nothing exclusive to Tesla

Reactions: TEG
You think the Porsche buyers don't lose significant money on their purchases? A few get lucky, but most don't.
Early adopters often pay a premium from which the future buyers will benefit. Especially when it comes to technology.
I remember buying a DVD player for hundreds of dollars, only to have BestBuy offer, a few months later, the newer better version for about 1/2 of what I had just paid. I guess I could have tried to sue BestBuy or Samsung, but instead I just kept watching movies and enjoying.

Really? Why don't you go buy some stocks and when you lose money. Turn around and sue them for going down in prices causing you to lose money even though the stock showed a positive trajectory.
Yep. Like the whole 420 thing. I never viewed the "funding secured" as anything but two words taken out of context. Sure, didn't enjoy the ride down but in 2030, will it really matter? Probably not!

With the recent major price reduction, I feel like I'm hit with the penalty for being a few months earlier adopter.

Not sure if I'd line up at the stores overnight or put reservation money.

I bet many of you, the loan balance is higher than how much you can buy the cars right now. Even with the tax credit refunds.

I can't even imagine how recent S or X owners feel right now.

You can easily disregard by saying 'that's how business works' but US is a country with lawsuits with a few MPG difference.

If there's no compensation gesture from Tesla, I'm willing to join a party with legal action. Do any of you know which firms are cooking up those ideas?

Legal action is one of the ways to discourage Tesla. Fortunately, The Big T can probably easily handle this nonsense. I consider you suck up any perceived injustice you feel Tesla has caused you and may I also suggest joining some other parties where people are actually enjoying themselves and life itself instead?

Reactions: liuping
In 5 years batteries will be better and cheaper. You will have the old crappy technology ones. In 5 years people will be talking about HW 5 or HW6 you will have HW3.

If you bought your car thinking you were going to sell in 3 years you should have waited until you could lease. Cars are not investments.

Reactions: M109Rider
Status
Not open for further replies.