Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about joining legal action on recent massive price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your Audi go down in value because you bought a vehicle that has a well known terrible resale value? Or because Audi started selling options on the A8 they havent delivered to current customers yet at a discount to new customers?

Not all Audis have terrible resale. S4’s for example do very well in the used market. EVERYONE knows the big luxury sedans lose a ton of value, quickly.

No offense, but your understanding of this shows the intelligence of someone who would not only drop $100k on an A8, but also admit they lost that much money! LOL

I think this reply demonstrates a serious lack of understanding and reading comprehension... :cool:
The OP did not purchase his A8 new, he purchased used and saved a ton of money by design!

Don't panic, think it through:

For simplicity, let's say you bought a car for $60K, after which the price drops to $50K. After the usual 3-4 year 50% depreciation, the used price will be $30K and $25K respectively. You're now pissed because you think you lost $5K. Don't get angry, think further:

What is your next car going to be? If you buy a new Tesla (of the same type), it will cost you $50K instead of $60K. This is $10K less than you would have spent at the original price, so you actually end up with a net $5K gain due to the price drop. If you buy a higher-priced Tesla (S or X), you'll save even more!!

With the recent major price reduction, I feel like I'm hit with the penalty for being a few months earlier adopter.

Not sure if I'd line up at the stores overnight or put reservation money.

I bet many of you, the loan balance is higher than how much you can buy the cars right now. Even with the tax credit refunds.

I can't even imagine how recent S or X owners feel right now.

You can easily disregard by saying 'that's how business works' but US is a country with lawsuits with a few MPG difference.

If there's no compensation gesture from Tesla, I'm willing to join a party with legal action. Do any of you know which firms are cooking up those ideas?

Looking to cash in something you don't agree on isn't the right way. If you would have completely read and understood your online purchase than we wouldn't be here replying to your dump post.

I think this reply demonstrates a serious lack of understanding and reading comprehension... :cool:
The OP did not purchase his A8 new, he purchased used and saved a ton of money by design!

Right, it stopped deprecating right at the 3 year mark when he bought it. Before you get high and mighty about your superior reading comprehension you might want check yourself first! Haha

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Right, it stopped deprecating right at the 3 year mark when he bought it.
Before you get high and mighty about your superior reading comprehension you might want check yourself first! Haha

No offense, but your understanding of this shows the intelligence of someone who would not only drop $100k on an A8, but also admit they lost that much money! LOL

Ryan, time to stop digging that hole any deeper... you clearly stated your assumption that the OP purchased an A8 for $100K. :cool:

You may also want to check your English language usage... Deprecation - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Thread is too long! But where do I sign up? I want in on the lawsuit? I want to sue the pants off Tesla.

Agreed! Plus Audi didn’t start selling new A8s for $45k. It’s a used A8. This isn’t the used model 3 selling for lower. It’s same breaks new car selling for less advertised from the manufacture in such a short period of time.

I asked this early on in the thread, but could at least ONE of the people who “want to sign up” for lawsuit just articulate your legal basis for any claim? Or is it really just “but it’s not fair”? Because that ain’t gonna do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.