Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about upgrading to Performance. Change my mind.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rep is saying I lost the free lifetime connectivity too...

I'm actually thinking I should just cancel everything at this point...

Boy did I screw up.
If you canceled your previous order and submitted a brand new one, this could be true. If you kept your previous order and just modified it, then your rep is telling you something different than other people on this forum report being told. Most people are reporting they are being told that the original date of the $2500 deposit is what matters.
You may want to try calling them and speaking to a different rep.

Rep is wrong, right from my page

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 10.09.21 AM.png

Call another rep... I would anyways

Rep is wrong, right from my page

View attachment 328867

Call another rep... I would anyways
He was saying it is unlimited for a year, So I called tesla and they told me I need to wait for delivery manager and they could not clarify If I had lost my free internet connectivity. They said I should get whatever bonus the referral code was good for though. Whether it's one year of unlimited free supercharging or lifetime remains unclear.

It clearly states "unlimited" expiring on Sept 16 - if they intend it's 1 year then it should say 1 year unlimited ...

It was not a new order right, just an update? That's not right to penalize you for adding items...
Yea, I thought I was basically just getting a 11,000 software update to unlock more power to the rear motor! Correct, I updated my existing order using the links on the referral page. I configured my car on 6/29, reservation was in May 2017. I delayed ordering because I couldn't decide between performance and AWD. AWD was a great deal for only 4k more, but I just destroyed that!

I will just ignore the guy working at the showroom. Hopefully none of these things are an issue or else I'll simply reject the car.

Since you have yours, how do you verify you have ulimited supercharging and unlimited wireless conectivity? Or would you just get surprised when things stop working next year?

Oh and another interesting note, destination and doc showed $1200 when I was updating my order, but shows only $1000 on the Order Agreement PDF they sent me.

Last edited:
The rep is wrong. This is straight from the Loot Box:

Screenshot_20180825-114743.png

It's unlimited for orders by 9/16/18, one year thereafter. Full stop.

As for the connectivity, I think the rep is wrong there as well, but I don't have a link to back that up.

Reactions: Msjulie
Yea, I thought I was basically just getting a 11,000 software update to unlock more power to the rear motor! Correct, I updated my existing order using the links on the referral page. I configured my car on 6/29, reservation was in May 2017. I delayed ordering because I couldn't decide between performance and AWD. AWD was a great deal for only 4k more, but I just destroyed that!

I will just ignore the guy working at the showroom. Hopefully none of these things are an issue or else I'll simply reject the car.

Since you have yours, how do you verify you have ulimited supercharging and unlimited wireless conectivity? Or would you just get surprised when things stop working next year?

Oh and another interesting note, destination and doc showed $1200 when I was updating my order, but shows only $1000 on the Order Agreement PDF they sent me.
Have you confirmed you are able to keep LTE and get unlimited Supercharging? Thinking about upgrading to PAWD as well.

Thanks.

Have you confirmed you are able to keep LTE and get unlimited Supercharging? Thinking about upgrading to PAWD as well.

Thanks.

I am in this boat. I configured in late May, paying the $2500. I changed my order in mid-July and took delivery August 10th.

I have both a DM tweet from the official Tesla account, as well as word from my DS that Tesla is honoring the original configuration date (aka when you paid the $2500) for the Supercharging and Lifetime Data.

Data: I guess I'll just find out next year......

Supercharging: When you're plugged in to a SC, the bottom right of your charging screen should show how much you're being charged for the current session. In my P3D, that area is just blank white space, and I've charged multiple times in 2 1/2 weeks, with no charges ever showing in that box.

Data: I guess I'll just find out next year......

Supercharging: When you're plugged in to a SC, the bottom right of your charging screen should show how much you're being charged for the current session. In my P3D, that area is just blank white space, and I've charged multiple times in 2 1/2 weeks, with no charges ever showing in that box.
Excellent, thanks.

Rick

I find it worth every one of those eleven-thousand dollars. There's something special about daily driving a car that is faster than just about every car on the road.
Free supercharging was for orders before August 1st. Now, it takes a referral code, of which, I can most definitely give you

^^^this

not once did i regret going all in (well, without the PUP)

as for the other issue..

giphy.gif