Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about upgrading to Performance. Change my mind.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get the P but don't get the +. The grey rimes (without the caps) look good on a white car. People who think you'll never use the extra power are probably wrong or just old. I have a Model S P85 and I floor it multiple times every day. The P will be worth more when you go to resell too.

Get the P but don't get the +. The grey rimes (without the caps) look good on a white car. People who think you'll never use the extra power are probably wrong or just old. I have a Model S P85 and I floor it multiple times every day. The P will be worth more when you go to resell too.

That's what I am going with. I prefer to get lightweight forged wheels and won't need the big brakes as the most I'll be doing is canyon driving and possibly some local autocross.

Reactions: RyanT
Picked up my AWD today. It's plenty fast. Off the line it doesn't have the launch that my old Subaru had but from a roll it's stupid fast. With performance you're paying $11k for that 0-60 performance (Might just be 0-50. I'm going to do some VBOX measurements and post them). Free supercharging is probably not worth much. Obviously that varies by the person. I'll probably only do a couple thousand miles a year of supercharging at most.
Definitely drop the FSD anyway. I think people are way too optimistic on that happening any time soon.

Reactions: jsrawa
Picked up my AWD today. It's plenty fast. Off the line it doesn't have the launch that my old Subaru had but from a roll it's stupid fast. With performance you're paying $11k for that 0-60 performance (Might just be 0-50. I'm going to do some VBOX measurements and post them). Free supercharging is probably not worth much. Obviously that varies by the person. I'll probably only do a couple thousand miles a year of supercharging at most.
Definitely drop the FSD anyway. I think people are way too optimistic on that happening any time soon.

Having drive both slow Tesla’s and fast Tesla’s, the power is mainly at the launch. RWD has great passing ability once you are already moving but it’s a slouch compared to the AWD/P at dead stop.

I think you have valued FSD incorrectly. In OPs case yes he needs to drop FSD since he’s already on the fence for P or non P.

However, FSD doesn’t require full FSD or Level 5 autonomy. Software is worth more than the car at Level 5.

It’s priced appropriately for basic features that are coming. AP3 upgrade path ensures the FSD purchased now isnt a technological dead end. It’s more expensive later and no guarantee it doesn’t go higher and can’t be financed .

Elon and devs already have FSD features for over a year now in their car. Just because we don’t have it yet doesn’t make it vaporware.

I'd be very interested in 45-65mph time difference between 3D and P3D.

Ok so going to P is 11k more instead of 10k more because I ordered the AWD early.

Is it worth the 11k difference or a 10k difference?

I feel bad ordering it because I lose my $1000 discount that I currently have on the AWD.

Also, can I give myself free supercharging?

Ok so going to P is 11k more instead of 10k more because I ordered the AWD early.

Is it worth the 11k difference or a 10k difference?

I feel bad ordering it because I lose my $1000 discount that I currently have on the AWD.

Also, can I give myself free supercharging?
I find it worth every one of those eleven-thousand dollars. There's something special about daily driving a car that is faster than just about every car on the road.
Free supercharging was for orders before August 1st. Now, it takes a referral code, of which, I can most definitely give you

Reactions: MXWing
I find it worth every one of those eleven-thousand dollars. There's something special about daily driving a car that is faster than just about every car on the road.
Free supercharging was for orders before August 1st. Now, it takes a referral code, of which, I can most definitely give you
I don't see any place to enter a referral code when upgrading my order though.