Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

third party model Y wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Model Y wheel covers. this style:
1667321283987.png

I had to get the "no logo" version since that is all there was but they have sent me logos anyway so that's a result.
I have heard people who have them mention the importance of fitting the foam, and I have the foam, just not sure which face of the rim it is supposed to go on . Is it the flat face or around the rim?

Mine arrived from China this weekend.

Good quality, came with foam to avoid rubbing on outer rim and they fit really well.

Looks like I ordered a little early though as these are single direction. Many of the ones now on sale offer a offside / driver side asymmetry that means the 'turbine' points in the right direction on both sides. Still very happy for £200 inc. shipping and import.

View attachment 835360
Thats looks great. Will you able to provide me with the website address you used to buy those please?

Reactions: jamesp26
As promised, here are mine, just fitted.

Totally forgot to put the foam on 🤦 so I'll need to remove them and sort that.

Impressions:

There's a metal ring that you need to pop into the inside of the central grip ring at the back, which is a small bit fiddly.

Actually putting the on took a fair amount of 'gentle persuasion', was worried i might crack them but they are quite sturdy.

No instructions, so have relied on YouTube and here!

Super happy with the look of them though, worth the 5 week wait from China.
PXL_20221222_093642749~3.jpg

As promised, here are mine, just fitted.

Totally forgot to put the foam on 🤦 so I'll need to remove them and sort that.

Impressions:

There's a metal ring that you need to pop into the inside of the central grip ring at the back, which is a small bit fiddly.

Actually putting the on took a fair amount of 'gentle persuasion', was worried i might crack them but they are quite sturdy.

No instructions, so have relied on YouTube and here!

Super happy with the look of them though, worth the 5 week wait from China.View attachment 887819
from the picture they look like they have no centre caps? surely they should at least have blank ones if not the Tesla T ( which I know is not always gettable)

Been a while, well a couple of months since pickup... these are the tessories covers. Have gotten a bit scuffed, so has saved the alloys underneath on quite a few occasions! Looks a heck of lot nicer IMHO than the standard covers...

Attachments

• PXL_20220917_084811018.jpg
    PXL_20220917_084811018.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 262
I went with Rimetrix because the higher quality PPE material, the design, and being made in USA
It seems slightly ironic to chose something made in the USA on quality reasons to fit to your made in China car which is universally acknowledged to be of higher quality than the made in the USA equivalent.
I am on my second set due to extensive curbing of the first set ( by parties unknown 🤔 ) I don't think the Rimtex at 4 times the price would have held up better in that regard tbh.

Reactions: spdpsba
I picked up a set of these. Directional so left side and right side. Have been quite impressed given the price and ordering from Amazon which is nice and easy. couple of weeks for delivery though. I ordered some adhesive Tesla centre caps from Ebay which aren't shown in the pictures

car pic 2.jpg

I picked up a set of these. Directional so left side and right side. Have been quite impressed given the price and ordering from Amazon which is nice and easy. couple of weeks for delivery though. I ordered some adhesive Tesla centre caps from Ebay which aren't shown in the pictures

View attachment 1009017
I think they're the same as mine that I got from AliExpress. Quite happy with them, they cover the rim which was the objective.

1000087394.jpg

Got these last week on eBay.

Though looks now they are £40 more expensive than last week when I got them which is a bit of a leap...

I went with Rimetrix because the higher quality PPE material, the design, and being made in USA
I understand you live in USA - so not a secret that you went with Rimetrix. My previous one for the Model 3 was Rimetrix - imported to UK but that scuffed all my alloys. I had to refurbish the alloys before handing it over to the lease agency. And it is double the price of Tessories - we get that here in UK. Not sure they import to USA.

The OEM Geminis have actually grown on me, I now find them nicer than naked wheels or cheap Chinese alternative designs (especially if they are in that awful matte black).

Has someone seen a real world condition test of the range gained by keeping the covers on? Word around here has always been between 2% and 5%. I'd love to put this to the test.