Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Icon turns RED when it is pressed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The windshield defogger icon ( \|||/ ) will change from Blue (cool air) to Red (warm air) when pressed multiple times...maybe that is what this is all about?

1. "The windshield defroster distributes air flow to the windshield. Touch once to defog the windshield (the icon turns blue). Touch a second time to defrost the windshield (the icon turns red and the heating and fan operate at maximum levels). Touch a third time to turn off and restore the air distribution, heating, and fan to their previous settings" (Page 98 OM).

Could you post a picture? Not sure what you mean...
I'm sorry I thought I had!
screen1.png

• Funny
Reactions: chillaban
Thank you for saying this! I kept getting Sentry notifications but could not figure out how to watch them. So nothing is being recorded until I do this. I know I know READ THE MANUAL....:D

Sentry Mode without recording to a USB device will still watch over your car as you found out. Only cars with HW2.5 and greater have the ability (at least at present) to record footage from their front and two side repeater cameras to a flashdrive).

It works on our Model S with HW 2.0 in this fashion—If someone bumps your car for example, the car will put up the big red eye on your screen to get a possible intruders attention that it’s active. If it goes to Alarm state it will flash your headlights, beep repeatedly, and play loud music from inside the car to call attention to anyone possibly gaining access illegally. You will get a notification of this if set up for on your app. Kind of alarming in itself when you see the Alarm notification at your end :eek: and what that could mean is happening to your car. Had it happen once while car was in parking garage and we at restaurant nearby. Ours was set off by a very loud vehicle driving by (motion and sound activated) which we were able to actually see from my Model 3’s sentry mode camera footage. Without the use of a recording medium you wouldn’t have that benefit of video to check out but any perp wouldn’t know that.

Reactions: Pommie