Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This surprised me - number of Model3 in UK...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to find someone sharing the DVLA/SMMT data in a bit more detail and couldn’t. This is a great find.

Looks like we’ll be heading for 30,000 M3’s on the road by the end of 2020.

Q3 2019 - someone got a new car and SORN’d it?

odd how there are always more than double the number of M3P's for sale than any of the others. currently on auto trader 39P's 14LR's 18SR+. Reinforces my theory that more P's were bought as toys not keepers than the other models

I was trying to find someone sharing the DVLA/SMMT data in a bit more detail and couldn’t. This is a great find.

Looks like we’ll be heading for 30,000 M3’s on the road by the end of 2020.

Q3 2019 - someone got a new car and SORN’d it?

so to be clear these are the number of vehicle licenced or sorned during each quarter right not the total of licenced or SORNed vehicles isn't it? its not very clear. I'm confused
if it is you can't actually work out the total number of cars since some get sold and re-licenced. Mine has been licenced twice for example. so the total right now is likely to be slightly less than the sum of 2019,Q2, 2019Q3,2020Q1,2020Q2
even so I would say that puts us way over the 30K mark already

Last edited:
Great link that, thanks !

Can you find a car you have owned with only 1 registered example left on the road ?
Only 1 on the road but 3 SORN, my grandad had one in 1984 for a year
6FF7DD48-0DCB-4E17-BC4F-568162C53930.png

Yes had a Vanden Plas too. In a terrible silver with sunroof that literally fell out on the motorway, flipped up and got run over by a lorry behind me.

Sorry off topic.

Will be v interesting to see the Q3 and Q4 figures, I am wondering where the model 3 figures end up steadying then tailing off.

What do we think - e.g. 10k Long Range per quarter as a peak or higher ?

Yes had a Vanden Plas too. In a terrible silver with sunroof that literally fell out on the motorway, flipped up and got run over by a lorry behind me.

Sorry off topic.

Will be v interesting to see the Q3 and Q4 figures, I am wondering where the model 3 figures end up steadying then tailing off.

What do we think - e.g. 10k Long Range per quarter as a peak or higher ?
I think they'll still keep climbing like they are now, I think as more EVs are available and with a decent range you will see diesel and petrol sales drop rather than 3 sales. I think the big change will be when Y arrives here as I think many will prefer the higher seating position, hatch and increased boot/rear legroom.

As another former Montego owner I’m astounded any are left given their ‘affinity for oxidation’. Must be kept packed in a bag with lots of silica gel sachets...
My thoughts too!
I had one back in the day. Ended up having to replace the notorious automatic choke with a manual one. What a piece of crap that car was..