Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who have traded in from one Tesla to another, what accessories can/did you keep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my new X this week and trading in my old one. I'm curious about what accessories to give back with the trade in, and what I can keep for the next car. Since the 14-50 adapter doesn't seem to come with the new X's, I figure that was a no brainer, but what about the mobile connector itself? Sun shade? Towing kit? Does Tesla check through everything when trading in an old one?

Trade in's and private owner sales usually expect that everything that came with the car new would be included in the sale, unless expressly disclosed as not being included.

In normal cars, this usually includes two fobs, spare tire, owners manuals etc.

Seems that keeping the charging cable or connector would be bad form, unless disclosed.

You might get away with it...but bad Karma.

Keeping the 14-50 adapter might not help you. Depends what generation mobile charger your current Tesla has. If you have Gen1 then your adapter will not work. All new Teslas come with Gen2 mobile chargers which use different adapters.
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

It’s definitely a Gen 2. I’m leaning towards just keeping the 14-50, but maybe I’ll ask my OA just to be on the safe side.