Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with EnhancedAP to receive 3k discount on FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s still a ton less. I can buy a performance model 3 with white interior for $55,900 now. My LR RWD with black interior was $55,500. Yea I got $7500 vs the $1875 now but that’s $5625 more of a rebate but only $6,000 more for a performance model 3 and white interior. It’s insane.

How'd you pay $55,500 for a RWD? They were $49,000 last year. Sounds like you're leaving out options on the RWD when pricing the P? EAP I guess?

LR RWD at 54k with EAP vs $55,900 for a P now is almost 2k difference, plus the $5625 more rebate you got, plus about $550 in other value you got (lower destination, 14-50 adapter, homelink, phone cables) you're looking at the P, today, costing about $8000 more...then you need to pay $6000 more today to add FSD to get the same features you got with EAP, so you're at $14,000 more for a P today versus your RWD last year.

Which is...pretty close to what upgrading to a P would've cost you at purchase last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nocturnal
doesn't matter - a whole bunch of the entitled will feel like they been "betrayed" because the price changed and another group of entitled will feel betrayed because they didn't get the deal because "its just software".
It will probably wake up the folks who paid more as well as those bleating about resale value changes.
Either way, cue a whole bunch of posts from folks who feel entitled to something they either didn't buy or that someone else paid less for.
You know its coming . . . . . .

The paint pricing switch was more irritating than the price of the car coming down. I paid $2000 for pearl white which is free today but then again buyers are paying $1000 for black which was free yesterday. Configured as delivered and after we each get tax credits (7500 for me, 1875 for todays buyer), the car is $1385 less to buy new than it was when I took delivery December. After considering energy costs, I saved about $1000 in cost of diesel, less cost of electricity. The config is a LR3AWD White/White/Sport Wheels. Odometer is at 10,463 miles, not counting month of December where we didn't drive much. We love to drive the car. For us, the reduced pricing seems a wash and reasonable. I just wish the big T would give the pricing game a break. Especially for AP, EAP, FSD ... these options are useful and probably greatest differentiators.

What about those of us who paid last year full price for Enhanced Autopilot and FSD at delivery, who have never seen any benefit or feature related to FSD, and now paid more than those who didn't fully support Tesla in the first place? I'm not upset that my Tesla Model 3 Performance is cheaper now because I've enjoyed my Tesla immensely. However, there has been no enjoyment of FSD as it doesn't exist yet, kinda leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Elon at one point promised early software access to those of us that purchased FSD early on, but that never materialized. At a minimum maybe early access to new computer upgrades, anything really, maybe a postcard, something? Not even a thank you.

How'd you pay $55,500 for a RWD? They were $49,000 last year. Sounds like you're leaving out options on the RWD when pricing the P? EAP I guess?

LR RWD at 54k with EAP vs $55,900 for a P now is almost 2k difference, plus the $5625 more rebate you got, plus about $550 in other value you got (lower destination, 14-50 adapter, homelink, phone cables) you're looking at the P, today, costing about $8000 more...then you need to pay $6000 more today to add FSD to get the same features you got with EAP, so you're at $14,000 more for a P today versus your RWD last year.

Which is...pretty close to what upgrading to a P would've cost you at purchase last year.

Yeah EAP. So sorry $2000 savings there I suppose. I guess it’s a bit closer but knowing I could have a P and lose auto lane change for essentially the same price is just crazy to me.

Well Tesla is the one that shipped in time for that rebate, and far more importantly you're the one that received it. Because what what it cost, after all accounting was done, is what matters, right?

No.

What matters is what I've already said.

I could use your same awful logic and turn it around on you. If people wanted a $7500 credit from the government, they should've purchased on time. They shouldn't get rewarded for purchasing later. Just like I shouldn't get punished for purchasing earlier.

But either way, the credit doesn't change how much you pay Tesla, which is the whole point here. Tesla is doing earlier buyers DIRTY.

But either way, the credit doesn't change how much you pay Tesla, which is the whole point here. Tesla is doing earlier buyers DIRTY.

LOL, that's only the point you're trying to harp on. It doesn't make it rational.

Awesome new technology product costs** early adopter roughly an extra 5% or so to purchase. It is a travesty that has been the norm for all my life***. And I predate the original moon landing. :p

** Before factoring fuel savings.

*** Well not exactly the norm, 5% for 6 months to a year is quite low. Ask the people that bought the original iPhone at $600. And they didn't even get a government tax credit, like you did, to offset that.

I could use your same awful logic and turn it around on you. If people wanted a $7500 credit from the government, they should've purchased on time.
Only that is exactly what happened, right? If you didn't buy in time to take delivery by December 31 they tax credit was cut in half, and if you had waiting until after June 30 it halved, again.
They shouldn't get rewarded for purchasing later. Just like I shouldn't get punished for purchasing earlier.
That's not using my logic, that's just restating your narcissistic nonsense in different way.

Last edited:

I paid 56500 March of 2018 plus 975 destination and 75 docs. 57500 premium upgrade, EAP, Blue, 19s LR RWD. I paid 2k for FSD after for 59500 pre tax. I received 4400 of the 7500 rebate. I can buy a Performance for $5125 more with the current rebate and get all the same EAP features.

That is insane.

Last edited:
I received 4400 of the 7500 rebate.

that's your problem right there.

if you'd filed in a way that got the full rebate you're be $3100 ahead of the situation you describe, which wouldn't be especially unreasonable at all...(and it's unclear if your math also accounts for you getting homelink, 14-50, and phone cables new buyers don't; or the $1200 destination new buyers pay rather than the couple hundred lower you did; or the fact you got lifetime unlimited premium connectivity and new buyers only get 1 year). Plus of course the 16 months of gasoline savings you experienced compared to waiting to buy new... for me that's be over $3000 right there in savings, but YMMV.

Reactions: Nocturnal
now paid more than those who didn't fully support Tesla in the first place?

How do you figure?

Today AP (not EAP) is "included" but they raised the car price about 2k to do that. And it's 6k for FSD.

Same $8000 that EAP+FSD cost in the past.

(in fact technically you could've gotten EAP+FSD for $7000 if timed right but it was a narrow window)

I really do recommend the people that are upset sell their cars. It's very likely the prices will go down again in the future and if you sell now it will save us another round of whining about being ripped off for a voluntary purchase...no, a purchase you were desperate to make.

Most that are upset about price changes conveniently leave out their actual purchase prices and when called out run away.
I don’t know this persons exact financial situation. But there is no “file in a way”. You either have the tax liability or you don’t.
It's not difficult to trigger additional tax liability, at least for someone who can afford a 60k car.

Most that are upset about price changes conveniently leave out their actual purchase prices and when called out run away.

Huh?

If you want to go that way - I traded my Model S for my 3 and paid less than 4 figures for my Model 3. Listed price is the issue.
I don't have any problem with people complaining about the yoyo pricing on Model 3s. We are not talking about trivial amounts.