Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on 69 reg or wait until March.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I suspect that EVs in general will last longer and resale values will be more based on objective, qualitative data than assumptions such as where registration date which is is just a proxy for hidden wear and tear.

For example battery degradation.

S

Waiting for the new reg was all the rage when plate changes were yearly. Nowadays it isn’t such a thing. I’d probably wait a month, but no longer.

Also, I suspect that EVs in general will last longer and resale values will be more based on objective, qualitative data than assumptions such as where registration date which is is just a proxy for hidden wear and tear.

For example battery degradation.

S

We took this view in August. I'd have delayed a week or two but chose not to delay 4, in part because we had a bit of a trip planned.

anyone bothered about getting their car with a 69 plate in the coming months or are you waiting for March and a new plate.
I know I should probably wait until March but can’t wait that long.
We ordered ours mid October and a few days later was asked when is my preferred date, ASAP, Not bothered or a special date like March. I said that I would like March but if it comes earlier then I would take it. Since then I've heard nothing!

anyone bothered about getting their car with a 69 plate in the coming months or are you waiting for March and a new plate.
I know I should probably wait until March but can’t wait that long.

It will make little difference in reality, apart from some possibility of a better resale value. The cars would still be the same and manufactured around the same time, as the parts don’t wear out as much as ICE cars I don’t see why they will depreciate the same.