Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on running a "square" setup on a P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking for some advice after a misunderstanding on aftermarket wheels.

I purchased aftermarket wheels for our MX understanding they would match the stock 22" setup. 10" rear and 9" front with factory offsets which are different front and rear.

What I received were 4 10" wheels with the same offset but the tires they sent were staggered (285 35 22 and 265 35 22). I figured out the issue because the front tires looked a little stretched on the wheel so I measured everything.

Anyhow, I don't feel as though it is safe to "stretch" a 265 tire on a 10" wheel, maybe it is ok but I'm not 100% sure.

The easiest fix is they are willing to ship me 2 more 285 tires resulting in a square setup.

I'm not sure I want to go there though and am looking for pros and cons from all you experts.

The larger square set up would certainly hit my range. I think the front wheels would be a little wider and stick out a little and potentially have some clearance issues. Stock are 265 front and 275 rear with the 20" not sure if that's the same on 22" from the factory.

Thoughts? Ok to run 285 all the way around (allows tire rotation) or do I need to return everything and start over?

Thanks