Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Tesmat camping mattress for Model 3

robnicam

Sep 20, 2020
toronto
CANADIANS BEWARE!: tesmat turns out to be $500 cad in the end :
269.99 US
29.99 US SHIPPING
TOTAL CAD 393.98
dont forget CUSTOMS CANADA WILL F*CK U UP when it arrives They charge 36% on textiles and dare charge provincial and federal tax as well..looking at a guy in Quebec he paid Total $492.13..for a f**king 2 inch mattress uncomfortable as hell ...I DONT THINK SO!...
-my advice 2 coleman individual self inflatable mats or other similar type (they both fit under the trunk too)
or stay at a $60 dollar cabin in camping (most campings have this option) ..or just go to holiday inn free charge 80$ a night. Camping is cool with kids and all but paying $500 for an uncomfortable mat ..IS TOO MUCH MONEY ,,,,it is equivalent to a full year of ELECTRIC (FUEL ) CHARGE FOR tesla.....

Reactions: AdamMacDon

RyanT

Sep 9, 2014
Portland
I saw a few posts mentioning the Exped Megamat duo. I have one, and it doesn't fit if you blow it up to where it's comfortable. It didn't fit very well in the model s either. The Exped single does fit and it's very comfortable, but don't expect to sleep 2 people on it as it doesn't cover the entire trunk area. The privacy shade looks awesome, I always try roll up clothes in the windows to offer privacy but it doesn't work very well and they drop if you open the door.

CANADIANS BEWARE!: tesmat turns out to be $500 cad in the end :
269.99 US
29.99 US SHIPPING
TOTAL CAD 393.98
dont forget CUSTOMS CANADA WILL F*CK U UP when it arrives They charge 36% on textiles and dare charge provincial and federal tax as well..looking at a guy in Quebec he paid Total $492.13..for a f**king 2 inch mattress uncomfortable as hell ...I DONT THINK SO!...
-my advice 2 coleman individual self inflatable mats or other similar type (they both fit under the trunk too)
or stay at a $60 dollar cabin in camping (most campings have this option) ..or just go to holiday inn free charge 80$ a night. Camping is cool with kids and all but paying $500 for an uncomfortable mat ..IS TOO MUCH MONEY ,,,,it is equivalent to a full year of ELECTRIC (FUEL ) CHARGE FOR tesla.....
I just got the Millard Tri Fold foam off amazon, any 4" double bed sized foam works fine for us Canadians. And only cost me like $120 CAD to my door. The four nights I used it already paid for itself easily ($30 a night). Also good to use in a pinch if you have guests staying at your house and run out of beds/couches.

Reactions: robnicam
Hey all I'm planning a cross country road trip for June now that the parks are opening back up. Found a ton of options for the bed but and was looking at tesmat but two things concern me. First a questionable return policy Refund policy (says if used can't return does that mean I can't try it out?). Second a questionable review
. I really am looking for comfort even if I have to sacrifice the space so right now I'm leaning towards the Milliard tri folding 4" foam mattress. @ggies07 any thoughts? Thanks!
Hey!! I’m planning a cross country road trip in June too haha maybe we can join paths! Lol came here to get reviews on Tesmat for the journey :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC