Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticking/rattle from drivers side door area?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past few weeks I have been hearing a ticking or slight rattle coming from my right as I drive that’s slowly got worse.

At first I thought it may be coming from the seat belt area but after a lot of pushing and prodding I think it may be associated with the window as if I pop the window down a fraction or hold the switch to pull the window up it stops.

Anyone else had anything like this? I wonder if it’s the window glass rubbing slightly against the seal?

If there is no easy fix I will will have to log it with Tesla I suppose?

Anyone else had anything like this? I wonder if it’s the window glass rubbing slightly against the seal?
Probably this. I think mine did this for a while then sorted itself, or give the seals a good clean and see how it goes. I think I saw some old threads suggesting smearing a tiny amount of vasaline on it, but I'd be hesitant to put stuff on that could be hard to remove unless you get some more positive feedback about it than this!

Over the past few weeks I have been hearing a ticking or slight rattle coming from my right as I drive that’s slowly got worse.

At first I thought it may be coming from the seat belt area but after a lot of pushing and prodding I think it may be associated with the window as if I pop the window down a fraction or hold the switch to pull the window up it stops.

Try this thread as some have had luck applying this stuff

Gummi Pflege (correct spelling!) is one of the recommended products for easing seal issues, if that's the cause. It's on Amazon.

My driver's side rear door window trim rattles - stops when you put your hand on it. My passenger front seat also rattles - seems to be coming from inside. Taking the car in to have them look at one of the front headlamps, because it's failed to switch on twice. Had the car 8 months and I've previously had a rear seat rattle fixed and a failed heat pump replaced. I like Tesla but the build quality will probably make me buy something else next time.