Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal: Has anyone gotten the message “ free up by removing content”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course. But there is no manual ‘download’. you can’t pick where the files go. There is no indication of deletions, even though i’m sure it has.
i’m getting this message. “Not enough space. free up by removing content”

Will this be alleviated by plugging in a bigger SSD?
I have the same issue. I have downloaded a bunch of playlists because when streaming I often encounter a track that has gaps and other audio artifacts, so I end up just skipping to the next track. Doesn’t happen with the downloaded files which are also at higher audio quality.

The best I can tell is you have to discard the downloaded lists to free up space for other music. It’s downloading to internal memory and as far as I can tell there is no way to reassign the memory to my voluminous external hard drive.

I also wish there was a shuffle function.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I have the same issue. I have downloaded a bunch of playlists because when streaming I often encounter a track that has gaps and other audio artifacts, so I end up just skipping to the next track. Doesn’t happen with the downloaded files which are also at higher audio quality.

The best I can tell is you have to discard the downloaded lists to free up space for other music. It’s downloading to internal memory and as far as I can tell there is no way to reassign the memory to my voluminous external hard drive.

I also wish there was a shuffle function.
I wish you could tap on the artist or album and instantly go there. Not sure why that is not an automatic.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it does have google juice.

For me, logging out of Tidal in the car and logging back in has resolved this. As a happy side effect, it’s also sorted out some songs which skipped half way through. I assume the car caches downloads and had stored some broken ones. Perhaps logging out clears the local storage.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it does have google juice.

For me, logging out of Tidal in the car and logging back in has resolved this. As a happy side effect, it’s also sorted out some songs which skipped half way through. I assume the car caches downloads and had stored some broken ones. Perhaps logging out clears the local storage.
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!