Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time Saving Model S Info Cards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time Saving Model S Info Cards - NOW TAKING ORDERS

FINAL VERSION

I've taken the initiative to get some postcard-sized cards printed with the top ten answers to common questions about the Model S. I plan to keep a stack of them inside my glove compartment for those parking lot situations. The card features a Model S photo from Tesla's Press Center. The cards are 4-1/4" x 6", color on the front, black & white on the back. The printing quality is impressive.

Front:
TeslaPCFront.jpg

Back:
TeslaPCBack.jpg

I tried to keep the text from being specific to any particular Model S configuration, as well as from being too technical. The point here is to give the average person enough information to make them want to check out Tesla's web site. Once there, they can learn about the various options and stats. (Thanks to everyone who made suggestions further down this thread!)

If anyone is interested in ordering a pack of them, here's how to do it:

• Minimum order is $95 for 250. Or $129 for 500.

• Call Vickie Romaine at Modern Postcard at 1-800-959-8365 EXT 2379 (PLEASE DO NOT attempt to order these through their web site.)

• Tell her that you want to order Tesla postcards using Todd Lockwood's artwork (Job No. 2FY439). I've already given my permission.

• She will create a new job number for your order and take your shipping and credit card info.

Last edited:
Very good idea.
For the rear: For a more professional touch, i recommend you NEVER TO USE CENTER ALIGNED TEXT.
Use left aligned text, that way its better readable.

For the back: Looks fine, maybe you could move the text to the bottom right like that:

aaa.jpg

The battery warranty on the 85kWh is unlimited miles, and the top speed of 130 is a Performance-only thing. Probably good to put a little asterisk next to the top speed and acceleration numbers, "*Performance model."

Sign me up for a pack of these; it's a shame, though, that Tesla doesn't do this and cover the cost.

Although I appreciate your effort, why not just carry the Model S brochure?

My impression is that Tesla's brochures are only available in limited quantities. I plan to make public appearances with my car at various events around Vermont, so I'll probably need many more. As a Tesla investor, I don't mind taking the initiative.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically, it's a 50 amp outlet. (NEMA 14-50) Continuous current is limited to 80% by electrical code, therefore it charges at up to 40 amps.

Thanks. I'll edit that.

Todd what part of Vermont? I am considering moving to Burlington.

K Hall

I'm in Burlington, myself. Great town. Been here since 1978 — when Ben & Jerry just started scooping. We could use a black Model S here.

- - - Updated - - -

Questions I can see people asking are:

0-60 times (horespower?/torque?)
price range

Good ideas. I'm trying to keep it from being specific to the Performance model. Some of the details can wait until they go online.

- - - Updated - - -

How about 17 inch touch screen interface with 3G updates

Another good idea.

Appreciate the effort. I might be interested in purchasing some as well.

Nitpicks:
  • Left align, center is hard to read.
  • Consider vertical on the back side, with "Motor Trend..." on lines 2 and 3.
  • Do a double-check of the min/max electricity prices across the country and either update (if necessary) your $10 number for the national average, or show a range of costs ($xx-$yy).
  • You have mixed messages regarding the various flavors and capabilities. 300 miles (85), 150 miles @ supercharger (85), 4.4 (85Perf), 130 (85Perf), warranty 100k miles (40), start at $52,400 (40). Either pick one, or find a way to separate stats by flavor. Personally, I would opt for a table that breaks it out by flavor -- but I'm an engineer, and I'm not sure you're going for that crowd.
  • I know it's trendy to drop the "http://" but I prefer including it. Also consider linking directly to the reservation page. ;)
  • Add "Company website:" above the TM URL.
  • Add "Supercharged fan forum:" followed by the TMC forum URL.
Sorry for repeats, I only skimmed the prior posts.

Last edited:
Appreciate the effort. I might be interested in purchasing some as well.

Nitpicks:
  • Left align, center is hard to read.
  • Consider vertical on the back side, with "Motor Trend..." on lines 2 and 3.
  • Do a double-check of the min/max electricity prices across the country and either update (if necessary) your $10 number for the national average, or show a range of costs ($xx-$yy).
  • You have mixed messages regarding the various flavors and capabilities. 300 miles (85), 150 miles @ supercharger (85), 4.4 (85Perf), 130 (85Perf), warranty 100k miles (40), start at $52,400 (40). Either pick one, or find a way to separate stats by flavor. Personally, I would opt for a table that breaks it out by flavor -- but I'm an engineer, and I'm not sure you're going for that crowd.
  • I know it's trendy to drop the "http://" but I prefer including it. Also consider linking directly to the reservation page. ;)
  • Add "Company website:" above the TM URL.
  • Add "Supercharged fan forum:" followed by the TMC forum URL.
Sorry for repeats, I only skimmed the prior posts.

Thanks for the input, Brian. I've already addressed a few of these in the next edit.