TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tip: Automatic High Beams

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AlexG, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AlexG

AlexG Member

This is yet another, what you may call it, "hidden feature". People who use it find it very useful and I hope that those who don't start using it when you need it. Here's how:

Alex

• Disagree x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

This feature is "hidden" on page 51 of the owner's manual.

• Like x 6
  3. AlexG

AlexG Member

Right. And some people see the button every day when they go to Controls panel but just don't know what it does.

• Like x 1
  4. KidDoc

KidDoc Supporting Member

Booo mine doesn't have this feature.

5. AlexG

AlexG Member

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that it only comes with the AP

6. tpham07

tpham07 Member

a "hidden" feature available on most vehicles and was on the release notes for 17.17.4

7. AlexG

AlexG Member

"Hidden feature" does not mean a feature that other cars don't have. It also doesn't mean that you can't find it. Some people never looked for it or didn't know what it was. So, to them it was "hidden".

8. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

Not to get too negative on your game of trying to get more video views by using provocative language to describe a standard and well documented feature, but by that rationale the directions to the Eiffel Tower are "hidden" from me because I've never bothered to look for them.

• Like x 4
  9. tpham07

tpham07 Member

By that same logic autosteer is hidden because some people never look through the settings to find it to enable it.

10. oktane

oktane Active Member

Why are you guys disagreeing with a guy making helpful YouTube videos? Cut him some slack. I appreciate he put effort into this since he likes Teslas.

• Like x 3
  11. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

Agree, but people are commenting because it's kind of ridiculous, come on. Hey everyone look at the video I made about the "hidden" fact that the volume goes to 11, not 10! So hidden! Just corny that's all. Just being real.

• Like x 1
  12. whitex

whitex Active Member

Because 17.17.4 is the first public version where this feature is available for AP2 cars. AP1 cars have had this feature for a long time now.

Next new-old feature to (hopefully) appear in the release notes soon - automatic wiper speed. What I'm really hoping for is the first actually enhanced feature as compared to AP1 - blind spot detection that actually works. With the number of cameras on AP2 vehicles, they should be able to get it at least on par with the Nissan Altima I recently rented when traveling, now let's hope they have the mirror blind spot detection LED in the AP2 cars.

13. kort677

kort677 Banned

he's being slammed because the post is borderline spam, a video of little value placed only to promote clicks on his video

• Like x 2
  14. oktane

oktane Active Member

I guess, so he might make like $2.00 a month for all the Tesla owners clicking on it? Probably cost him more in time than he will ever make off it.

15. davinci2017

davinci2017 Member

Are you going to make a video about the hidden storage under the front hood next? :p

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. kort677

kort677 Banned

I liken this post to all the media reports of sharks being in the ocean, wow! I wonder if they know that snakes could be in the grass or that bears live in the woods.

17. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Next video..(hopefully soon on HW3)..Hidden feature "automatic wipers" Yes your Tesla actually has automatic wipers and you didn't know it.

18. AlexG

AlexG Member

+octane if you look at kort677's other posts on this forum you'll easily figure out that he's trolling most of the posts. That's OK. When you post stuff on the Internet you expect those people to be there. They usually don't add any value to anything themselves.

As far as my video is concerned, I've gotten many people thanking me for exposing this feature to them because they really didn't know about it. I didn't know about that feature for about a year. So, to me it was a "hidden" feature. Not everyone has to share my point of view on that. I'm just here to help those who want it.

• Like x 1
  19. kort677

kort677 Banned

so how much do you pocket per click?

20. AlexG

AlexG Member

$0. If you look at my channel - it is not monetized. And even if it was - what's your point? If I bring value to people with my videos - why wouldn't I get paid? If you don't find my videos helpful or entertaining - don't watch them. But a lot of people do and there is no reason why I shouldn't be compensated for my work. But I am not. I do it because I like it.

• Like x 2